5,604,730 Members 33,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom Kernel gone after updating CM11.

Tip us?

Tyestor
Old
(Last edited by Tyestor; 1st January 2014 at 07:12 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Custom Kernel gone after updating CM11.

So after installing the (as of this post) latest Cyanogenmod 11 nightly (20131231) my custom kernel (Glitch) has disappeared. It's just gone back to the stock CM11 kernel (3.4.0-gd5a414b build02@cyanogenmod #1 Tue Dec 31 02:32:02 PST 2013). I didn't even know that that could happen. I've installed several nightlies before this and this has never happened, why is it different this time? I see nothing in the updates that could have caused this to happen. I first noticed this when my overclock went back to stock (from 2ghz back to 1512mhz). Is it safe to reflash the kernel?

poondog
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestor View Post
So after installing the (as of this post) latest Cyanogenmod 11 nightly (20131231) my custom kernel (Glitch) has disappeared. It's just gone back to the stock CM11 kernel (3.4.0-gd5a414b build02@cyanogenmod #1 Tue Dec 31 02:32:02 PST 2013). I didn't even know that that could happen. I've installed several nightlies before this and this has never happened, why is it different this time? I see nothing in the updates that could have caused this to happen. I first noticed this when my overclock went back to stock (from 2ghz back to 1512mhz). Is it safe to reflash the kernel?
New rom flash will overwrite kernel. Yes it's safe to flash if it is compatible

Tyestor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondog View Post
New rom flash will overwrite kernel. Yes it's safe to flash if it is compatible
But I've done several nightly updates since I flashed the kernel and it didn't do anything to it. It's only affected it with this update. Weird. And yeah, it should be compatible. Thanks.