Tip us?

omerjerk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyr4 View Post
One last thing be for I go to bed. I tried to recompile 1 last time for tonight and get more errors. here are a few.

QuickModTool\tools\..\working\Settings.apk\res\val ues\public.xml:4384: error: Public symbol id/ rom_toolbox declared here is not defined.
QuickModTool\tools\..\working\Settings.apk\res\val ues\public.xml:4385: error: Public symbol id/ settings_tweaker declared here is not defined.
QuickModTool\tools\..\working\Settings.apk\res\val ues\public.xml:4383: error: Public symbol id/ system_app_section declared here is not defined.

and a lot more. what does any of this mean???
In android layout xml files every View or you can say element has an id attribute. This id serves as the name of that element. when using id for the first time you should add '+' before the 'id'. It should look something like '@+id'. So either you're missing the symbol '+' or you're missing some xml files where the id is defined for the first time using '@+id/<id name>'.
The Following User Says Thank You to omerjerk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

harveyr4
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by omerjerk View Post
In android layout xml files every View or you can say element has an id attribute. This id serves as the name of that element. when using id for the first time you should add '+' before the 'id'. It should look something like '@+id'. So either you're missing the symbol '+' or you're missing some xml files where the id is defined for the first time using '@+id/<id name>'.
When I added the code I did not use any "+" so maybe thats it. I will check it later today once i get home. thank you.

harveyr4
Old
(Last edited by harveyr4; 31st March 2014 at 09:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
ok. here is the res.zip that I have edited. These are the files I have changed.

res/values
strings.xml Lines 2037 - 2039
public.xml Lines 4383 - 4385
ids.xml Lines 712 - 714

I also made the same edits to the strings.xml files in the folders values-en-rGB and values- en-rIN

In the res/xml

I edited the settings_headers.xml Lines 41 - 45

I also added the 48 x 48 png images ic_settings_rom.png and ic-settings_tweaker.png to:
drawable-hdpi
drawable-mdpi
drawable-xhdpi
drawable-xxhdpi