XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4/G2/Nex5/HTC1 decision?

Tip us?

Korgoth22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S4/G2/Nex5/HTC1 decision?

New to the forums, my first post, & Happy New Year!

Long story short, I made an arrangement with a friend to add him & his wife onto my Family Plan, so that his wife could get a nice subsidized smartphone (poor credit kept them from obtaining post-paid service themselves). Since he refuses to use anything but a flip-phone, I also agreed to procure him a flip-phone whenever the need arises @ no cost to him. In exchange: he pays me $100/month for both of their lines combined, & allows me to use his Upgrade subsidy every 20/mos.

It's been almost 2 years, & his wife is due for her new phone. Since our deal hinges on her happiness keeping everything copacetic, I wanted to get some feedback before I pull the trigger. (As the "Landlord" of this agreement, I am also tasked with researching & obtaining new phones on their behalf.) That way he keeps her happy, & he only has to pony up the c-note every month. Zero research on his part, & that's how he prefers it.

Amazon currently has the: S4/G2/Nex5/HTC1 all available now for an upgrade price of $.01 (except the Nex5 @ $9, but I will happily eat that cost in exchange for his buddy upgrade in the future). Since they are all essentially "free", what are your thoughts?

icebergz12
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Default my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgoth22 View Post
New to the forums, my first post, & Happy New Year!

Long story short, I made an arrangement with a friend to add him & his wife onto my Family Plan, so that his wife could get a nice subsidized smartphone (poor credit kept them from obtaining post-paid service themselves). Since he refuses to use anything but a flip-phone, I also agreed to procure him a flip-phone whenever the need arises @ no cost to him. In exchange: he pays me $100/month for both of their lines combined, & allows me to use his Upgrade subsidy every 20/mos.

It's been almost 2 years, & his wife is due for her new phone. Since our deal hinges on her happiness keeping everything copacetic, I wanted to get some feedback before I pull the trigger. (As the "Landlord" of this agreement, I am also tasked with researching & obtaining new phones on their behalf.) That way he keeps her happy, & he only has to pony up the c-note every month. Zero research on his part, & that's how he prefers it.

Amazon currently has the: S4/G2/Nex5/HTC1 all available now for an upgrade price of $.01 (except the Nex5 @ $9, but I will happily eat that cost in exchange for his buddy upgrade in the future). Since they are all essentially "free", what are your thoughts?
Its hard to give an opinion on the matter without knowing what she will be using it for and what her preferences will be. They are all roughly the same price. i personally don't like the lack of camera quality with the htc1, so X. the s4 stock freezes from time to time and requires battery pull on occasions. the g2 (which i own) is a great phone and is in my opinion the best phone on your list for verizon users. but, alas the nexus 5 is supported by google and will always be running the best/latest ota/oem software. it was released with 4.4 kitkat and supports things such as homescreen "okay google" voice search and pringing via cloud to wireless printers. i have rooted and rom'd my g2 to have these same functions but with the n5 you get them stock. its a no brainer n5 vote from me. if i didn't have vzw i would own one as well.
-cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to icebergz12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]