Can't mount External or Internal error!

Search This thread

Ilikepie2

Dec 28, 2013
So recently when I pulled out my phone it was randomly booting up. When it was done it gave me this screen:

IMG_2301.JPG

Then, while being confused, I pressed Reset Phone. However nothing happened and it just booted up back to the same screen. I tried doing factory reset only to find out I now have a new error

HTML:
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such file or directory)
 E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD: copy default media content failed

was the error I got when I tried to install a new ROM in Recovery.

I have gotten it back to Stock Rom 2.2 but it still says I have "Unavailable" memory.

I looked everywhere online to try to fix it but I couldn't find a solution that wouldn't require me to use external memory forever (I only have a 2GB memory card)

NOTE: I have a Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959 Used to be rooted until now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

cannondaleV2000

Mar 24, 2013
Damn i was working on a fix for this before bricking my device. So you could use an ext sdcard workaround or you could send it to me as a guine pig board if you have another device to use for the time being

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

N00B_IN_N33D

May 27, 2011
Pompano Beach
So recently when I pulled out my phone it was randomly booting up. When it was done it gave me this screen:

IMG_2301.JPG

Then, while being confused, I pressed Reset Phone. However nothing happened and it just booted up back to the same screen. I tried doing factory reset only to find out I now have a new error

HTML:
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such file or directory)
 E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD: copy default media content failed

was the error I got when I tried to install a new ROM in Recovery.

I have gotten it back to Stock Rom 2.2 but it still says I have "Unavailable" memory.

I looked everywhere online to try to fix it but I couldn't find a solution that wouldn't require me to use external memory forever (I only have a 2GB memory card)

NOTE: I have a Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959 Used to be rooted until now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sadly the only alternative is to use external memory. Unless you have another backup phone, I suggest you invest in a SanDisk Ultra 32GB micro SDHC or other class 10 micro SDHC card...

Out of curiosity, what ROM were you using when this error occurred?

cannondaleV2000

Mar 24, 2013
Yeah in also wondering what rom. Was it ice cream sandwich?

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app