5,600,483 Members 32,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't mount External or Internal error!

Tip us?

Ilikepie2
Old
(Last edited by Ilikepie2; 31st December 2013 at 01:10 AM.) Reason: Forgot to include phone Model
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Can't mount External or Internal error!

So recently when I pulled out my phone it was randomly booting up. When it was done it gave me this screen:

Then, while being confused, I pressed Reset Phone. However nothing happened and it just booted up back to the same screen. I tried doing factory reset only to find out I now have a new error

HTML Code:
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such file or directory)
 E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD: copy default media content failed
was the error I got when I tried to install a new ROM in Recovery.

I have gotten it back to Stock Rom 2.2 but it still says I have "Unavailable" memory.

I looked everywhere online to try to fix it but I couldn't find a solution that wouldn't require me to use external memory forever (I only have a 2GB memory card)

NOTE: I have a Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959 Used to be rooted until now.

Any help would be appreciated.

cannondaleV2000
Old
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Damn i was working on a fix for this before bricking my device. So you could use an ext sdcard workaround or you could send it to me as a guine pig board if you have another device to use for the time being

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app
Current device: HTC One S
ROM: Vanir
Kernel: vanir kernel

old devices:mytouch 3G(retired)Nexus One(EMMc died)Samsung Vibrant(bricked by odin)Samsung captivate(broken screen)

N00B_IN_N33D
Old
Thanks Meter 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikepie2 View Post
So recently when I pulled out my phone it was randomly booting up. When it was done it gave me this screen:

Then, while being confused, I pressed Reset Phone. However nothing happened and it just booted up back to the same screen. I tried doing factory reset only to find out I now have a new error

HTML Code:
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such file or directory)
 E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD: copy default media content failed
was the error I got when I tried to install a new ROM in Recovery.

I have gotten it back to Stock Rom 2.2 but it still says I have "Unavailable" memory.

I looked everywhere online to try to fix it but I couldn't find a solution that wouldn't require me to use external memory forever (I only have a 2GB memory card)

NOTE: I have a Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959 Used to be rooted until now.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sadly the only alternative is to use external memory. Unless you have another backup phone, I suggest you invest in a SanDisk Ultra 32GB micro SDHC or other class 10 micro SDHC card...

Out of curiosity, what ROM were you using when this error occurred?
MY CONFIGURATION: Phone: Nexus 4 | Rom: Stock (4.4.X) | Kernel: Stock | Theme: None
OLD PHONES: Samsung Vibrant;
MY GUIDES & REF. THREADS: [REF] The Official XDA Vibrant Bible
MY ROMS: RemICS-JB 4.2.2 (Team Remics)

cannondaleV2000
Old
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Yeah in also wondering what rom. Was it ice cream sandwich?

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app
Current device: HTC One S
ROM: Vanir
Kernel: vanir kernel

old devices:mytouch 3G(retired)Nexus One(EMMc died)Samsung Vibrant(bricked by odin)Samsung captivate(broken screen)