5,596,066 Members 33,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Severe lag and lag issues

Tip us?

lucius.zen
Old
(Last edited by lucius.zen; 28th December 2013 at 03:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefezzer View Post
I ended up going back around and doing a no-kernel reflash with fsync enabled and much more conservative settings throughout. It seems to be pretty lag-free, and I think I'll let it ride unless the lag gets bad again or it bootloops.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
If you use the instructions in my guide to set up ROM2SD you shouldnt have any stability issues and you shouldnt need to have fsync enabled.

Im using hunds kernel 3.4.4 and i havent had any random reboots, botloops, or stability issues since i set up my tablet using rom2sd over a month ago. It balances perf and stability due to its usage of dynamic fsync.

If you use my guide to set up you tablet you should never run into lag issues ever again. Other users are getting the same results after using my guide.
Devices:
Asus Transformer tf701t
- ROM - Cromi-X
- Kernel - Cromi-X Kernel
- Mods - CrossBreeder, Bravia Engine 2
- Xposed - GravityBox, LWInRecents, SwipeBack, XHaloFloatingWindow
Asus tf700t
- Retired
HTC One M7
- Stock
Rikomagic MK802 IV

Guides:
How to Tweak and Mod Android Using init.d Scripts - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2198510
How to Tweak and Optimize Android Performance - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2232715
The Following User Says Thank You to lucius.zen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thefezzer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucius.zen View Post
If you use the instructions in my guide to set up ROM2SD you shouldnt have any stability issues and you shouldnt need to have fsync enabled.

Im using hunds kernel 3.4.4 and i havent had any random reboots, botloops, or stability issues since i set up my tablet using rom2sd over a month ago. It balances perf and stability due to its usage of dynamic fsync.

If you use my guide to set up you tablet you should never run into lag issues ever again. Other users are getting the same results after using my guide.
That sounds awesome, and if I have more lag issues that's where I'm going next. Meanwhile, I'm twice bitten thrice shy and will keep fsync on unless the lag gets bad again. Thanks for the good advice anyway.

lucius.zen
Old
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
That sounds awesome, and if I have more lag issues that's where I'm going next. Meanwhile, I'm twice bitten thrice shy and will keep fsync on unless the lag gets bad again. Thanks for the good advice anyway.

Haha nice, language with some personality. I get that, i would want to use my tablet for a bit after what you have been through.

All the best,

Lucius
Devices:
Asus Transformer tf701t
- ROM - Cromi-X
Asus tf700t
- Retired
HTC One M7
- Stock
Rikomagic MK802 IV

Guides:
How to Tweak and Mod Android Using init.d Scripts - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2198510
How to Tweak and Optimize Android Performance - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2232715
The Following User Says Thank You to lucius.zen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

awilson77584
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Dude if you want good performance check out my guide to optimization (includes data2sd instructions ). If you use all the tweaks in my guide then nothing should ever lag. I can't remember the last time I actually had to wait for an app to open or respond to input. The only time I EVER notice lag is if I am utilizing web apps through the browser like google drive. Other than that this tablet is ****ing flawless. I don't even need to run my tab in performance mode, i run it in balanced mode clocked at 1.6Ghz MAX.

I just watched a half hour review of the tf701T and I can honestly say without a doubt that the reviewer had more lag on his tf701 than I do on my tf700. I absolutely love this tablet, I have completely replaced my laptop with it and could never go back, everything is so damn smooth and easy to use, it is drastically easier to do stuff on my tablet than any other device I have used (excluding stuff that just isnt capable of running on a tablet or android in general).
Any chance you can either make a flashable tweak file or preload them into a kernel release? Thx!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

lucius.zen
Old
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by awilson77584 View Post
Any chance you can either make a flashable tweak file or preload them into a kernel release? Thx!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app
I have thought about it, however, I do not know how, and learning how would take away time from more research/testing. I have a lot of stuff in the pipeline still.

I am also reluctant to do this because I firmly believe people should learn how to apply these manually, on their own, like i did, for their own sake. Its better for the community and ourselves as individuals in the long run. This is why I go into so much detail and explain every little thing. I am trying to spread knowledge just as much as improve others experience. Applying everything manually only requires that you write a script that is less than 10 lines and edit the CPU profiles on your own. This should not take more than 15 min once you learn how to write a script (takes maybe an hour at most), which I have written a very thorough guide about lol. You see the pattern here? haha

I appreciate the feedback tho, sorry I cant help you in the way that you want.

all the best,

Lucius
Devices:
Asus Transformer tf701t
- ROM - Cromi-X
Asus tf700t
- Retired
HTC One M7
- Stock
Rikomagic MK802 IV

Guides:

thefezzer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I have thought about it, however, I do not know how, and learning how would take away time from more research/testing. I have a lot of stuff in the pipeline still.

I am also reluctant to do this because I firmly believe people should learn how to apply these manually, on their own, like i did, for their own sake. Its better for the community and ourselves as individuals in the long run. This is why I go into so much detail and explain every little thing. I am trying to spread knowledge just as much as improve others experience. Applying everything manually only requires that you write a script that is less than 10 lines and edit the CPU profiles on your own. This should not take more than 15 min once you learn how to write a script (takes maybe an hour at most), which I have written a very thorough guide about lol. You see the pattern here? haha

I appreciate the feedback tho, sorry I cant help you in the way that you want.

all the best,

Lucius
TBH, I'm not a speed freak, so I'm really happy with just enough tweaking to get over the RAM issue. Now that I've slain the lag, I run in Power Save mode pretty much all the time and really enjoy the user experience. This is how it should be, IMHO - Power Save for day to day work, Balanced for hard work, and Performance for "if my hand could move that fast I'd never leave the house".

The Following User Says Thank You to thefezzer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lucius.zen
Old
(Last edited by lucius.zen; 30th December 2013 at 06:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
TBH, I'm not a speed freak, so I'm really happy with just enough tweaking to get over the RAM issue. Now that I've slain the lag, I run in Power Save mode pretty much all the time and really enjoy the user experience. This is how it should be, IMHO - Power Save for day to day work, Balanced for hard work, and Performance for "if my hand could move that fast I'd never leave the house".

This tablet is the only computing device i have besides my phone. In order to be productive for school and work I need to use web apps bc the native android apps lack functionality. Based on the load that I place on my tablet I need extra tweaking to avoid lag (if you hadnt noticed I despise any lag, it takes away from my productivity). Good luck avoiding lag while using the web version of google drive or evernote in floating browser while simultaneously reading a pdf or an article in the stock browser lol. I have to get creative if I want a lag free experience under that kind of load. I need to be able to multitask like a madman bc I dont have a laptop. My tweaks arent necessarily about speed/power either. I need my tablet to last an entire day on a single charge. They are focused more on responsiveness and efficiency than anything.

Really glad things are working well for you though. We all have different needs .
Devices:
Asus Transformer tf701t
- ROM - Cromi-X
Asus tf700t
- Retired
HTC One M7
- Stock
Rikomagic MK802 IV

Guides:

thefezzer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
in floating browser .
:wut: Floating browser? :quick play store search: Wait, what? :install: Hmm. Interesting. :mind=blown:.

That's kind of a lot of awesome, and it's totally at home on an ultra high res device like the TF700. I've found the app version of most of the things I use to be as feature rich as the web, but this probably just reflects that I am mostly a content consumer with my tablet. That said, I get great mileage out of Google Drive and Quick office. Another example is Tapatalk, which is noticeably faster than the web interface on tablet for all forum actions I've seen while presenting a rich feature set.

Meanwhile, you totally have my respect taking on that challenge with just this little tab and a phone. Considering how **** it was before the mod, I can only imagine what a huge lifesaver this has been.

The Following User Says Thank You to thefezzer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]