5,600,919 Members 42,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Omni 4.4 Phone encryption --> ext. SD "empty"

Tip us?

Benjan32
Old
(Last edited by Benjan32; 31st December 2013 at 12:19 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi,
I tried to encrypt my phone. Even after 8 hours nothing happened so I rebooted. Now my phone says my external sd is empty and if i click format he asks me if I'm sure and then nothing happens.. My TF701T doesn't mount the SD and my PC shows nothing.. Can you help me?

Gesendet von meinem TF701T mit Tapatalk 4 Premium

LGaljo
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
I think the best solution is to recover files from SD with your PC (Recuva or Minitool Partition Wizard HE should be good enough and free) and then formatting it. I don't really know what happened to your phone, but this is partial solution for you. Hope for the best
Sony Ericson k530i -lost
Samsung SGH-J700 -broken
Samsung GT-S5600 -broken
Nokia x2-00 -still working
Samsung Galaxy 5 -still working, where all starts
LG Optimus 4X HD -currently daily driver

Benjan32
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGaljo View Post
I think the best solution is to recover files from SD with your PC (Recuva or Minitool Partition Wizard HE should be good enough and free) and then formatting it. I don't really know what happened to your phone, but this is partial solution for you. Hope for the best
But my PC doesn't mount the SD The SD is in an Card reader. The reader works with every other SD but if I put the SD of my Phone into the reader nothing happens no new Drive appears on my PC. Nowhere! So i can't format it The Data is not that Problem I'll recover it. The 1. problem is mounting the SD.

LGaljo
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjan32 View Post
But my PC doesn't mount the SD The SD is in an Card reader. The reader works with every other SD but if I put the SD of my Phone into the reader nothing happens no new Drive appears on my PC. Nowhere! So i can't format it The Data is not that Problem I'll recover it. The 1. problem is mounting the SD.

Try to mount it on different computer, might help. Otherwise your SD is dead Sorry for saying that. Reality hurts

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
Sony Ericson k530i -lost
Samsung SGH-J700 -broken
Samsung GT-S5600 -broken

Benjan32
Old
(Last edited by Benjan32; 31st December 2013 at 02:09 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Try to mount it on different computer, might help. Otherwise your SD is dead Sorry for saying that. Reality hurts

Ok. I've made it. The only Device that showed the format button was my phone so i smashed that Button a couple times and after that i pressed the mount button and surprise! The SD is mounted *-* The weird thing is that all of my Data is availible and not damaged Oo. I connected my Phone to my PC over USB and now I'm copying all my data to my PC and then I'll try to put the SD into my Tablet.
Thanks for your help

EDIT:
I can perfectly mount and unmount the SD on my Phone but neither my tablet nor my PC (without having the SD mounted in the phone and the phone connected over USB) is mounting it.. Any Ideas? :/

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1539
Quote:
Ok. I've made it. The only Device that showed the format button was my phone so i smashed that Button a couple times and after that i pressed the mount button and surprise! The SD is mounted *-* The weird thing is that all of my Data is availible and not damaged Oo. I connected my Phone to my PC over USB and now I'm copying all my data to my PC and then I'll try to put the SD into my Tablet.
Thanks for your help

EDIT:
I can perfectly mount and unmount the SD on my Phone but neither my tablet nor my PC (without having the SD mounted in the phone and the phone connected over USB) is mounting it.. Any Ideas? :/
If you have managed to backup all the data then it's time to do a proper format - you have no idea what might have been done by the failed attempt to encrypt.

If you can't read the card in your other devices then there is definitely something wrong and I wouldn't advise using the card until you resolve that issue.
Sent from the darkest corners of my mind

LGaljo
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for your help

EDIT:
Your SD is possibly encrypted. That is why you can mount it only on your phone. As SimonTS said after backing up do formatting.

Sony Ericson k530i -lost
Samsung SGH-J700 -broken
Samsung GT-S5600 -broken

Benjan32
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Your SD is possibly encrypted. That is why you can mount it only on your phone. As SimonTS said after backing up do formatting.

Ok. Thank you I'm going to format it.