[Q] 3G will not work with Carbon ROM

Tip us?

BjornX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 3G will not work with Carbon ROM

Hi there

I have a galaxy s3 mini GT-I8900 which i recently rooted and threw a kitkat ROM on, it's my first time doing any of this btw.

Now i have the issue that putting an apk file onto my sd card for the play store will allow me to install it, but it will crash instantly when i try to open it, i researched to the dark depths of google to find out why but i couldn't find any solution that worked for me, for the moment i have gapps but i would like to refrain from keeping this since even if i remove all the other apps by root, they will always leave traces, does anyone know why i can't install the play store seperatly without it crash on launch every time?

2nd, my 3G won't work, i come from android 4.2 where you had a simple on/off for your mobile network and it worked.
Whenever i try to activate mobile network on my carbon rom (or any other, i tried CM aswell) i will get this message that my dataconnection is disconnected because i left my homenetwork while my dataroaming was off. Putting mobile network on together with the roaming option will make this go away but i won't have any internet whatsoever.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on, starting to get desperate here , if you need any clarification please ask, typed this in a hurry ^^

Regards

GXGOW
Old
Thanks Meter 94
About the 3G problem, are you using a MVNO? You can easily fix that by turning on national roaming. I also had the same problem and that fixed it for me.

Sent from my GT-I8190 MaclawStudio CM 11 using Tapatalk

BjornX
Old
(Last edited by BjornX; 1st January 2014 at 11:19 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXGOW View Post
About the 3G problem, are you using a MVNO? You can easily fix that by turning on national roaming. I also had the same problem and that fixed it for me.

Sent from my GT-I8190 MaclawStudio CM 11 using Tapatalk
If i understand wikipedia correctly then i probably am, since my provider is telenet which is mostly an ISP, but they use the mobistar network which is a pure phone operator for their stuff, i will try what you said and let you know if it worked later.

--EDIT--
3G works with the trick above, thanks!