5,599,478 Members 38,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recovery issues, cm 10.1 & cm 11.

Tip us?

taz911
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Recovery issues, cm 10.1 & cm 11.

So, i recently jumped into the custom ROM scenario and everything related to unlocking+rooting. Within the last 3-4 days, i installed cm 10.1, and then found cm 11 and upgraded. (Thanks to Mustaavalkosta) There are certain questions that i have in mind:

1. So, when i installed cm 10.1, all apps got synced and were installed to my phone automatically as i installed gapps, i made backup with clockwork recovery. Then the next day i clean installed cm 11, neither did my apps were synced with this other gapps for 4.4.2 and the second issue i had belonged to recovery. I accidentally locked my phone by using screen security pin and i couldn't unlock it. In a state of panic i thought of using Clockwork restore to 10.1 from 11. After restoring and rebooting, first came the boot screen, and then all i had was a non-responsive black screen . Why so?

2. Comparing 10.1 and 11, 10.1 was really fast and smooth and everything was working. In 11, i had to install google camera etc, but the issue here is that its really slow. WHY IS THAT SO?

3. What are the best running ROMs right now, preferably JB and KITKAT based.

Thanks .

JustPlayingHard
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz911 View Post
So, i recently jumped into the custom ROM scenario and everything related to unlocking+rooting. Within the last 3-4 days, i installed cm 10.1, and then found cm 11 and upgraded. (Thanks to Mustaavalkosta) There are certain questions that i have in mind:

1. So, when i installed cm 10.1, all apps got synced and were installed to my phone automatically as i installed gapps, i made backup with clockwork recovery. Then the next day i clean installed cm 11, neither did my apps were synced with this other gapps for 4.4.2 and the second issue i had belonged to recovery. I accidentally locked my phone by using screen security pin and i couldn't unlock it. In a state of panic i thought of using Clockwork restore to 10.1 from 11. After restoring and rebooting, first came the boot screen, and then all i had was a non-responsive black screen . Why so?

2. Comparing 10.1 and 11, 10.1 was really fast and smooth and everything was working. In 11, i had to install google camera etc, but the issue here is that its really slow. WHY IS THAT SO?

3. What are the best running ROMs right now, preferably JB and KITKAT based.

Thanks .

Number 3 is strictly against XDA rules find one that you like

Sent from my Sensation XL using Tapatalk

I do not accept donations. I want people to use their money on food and liquids!!!!

Team:
JustPlayingHard (Me!)
pranavaryans (CoLeader)
Ask to be in team

taz911
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I meant to say, which one suites you best.

Sorry for that though. If someone would like to answer the rest of two please

JJeamy
Old
Thanks Meter 134
1. What the state of your phone bootloader?, still s-on or already s-off?
If still s-on.. did you not forget to flashing the boot.img too after restoring that rom?

2. Not sure about this.. maybe you try asking it in the rom thread it self..

3. Just try it your self what the rom that is suitable with you.. because the best think from someone is not mean always might be the best for you too..

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
press the button .. then you have proved that you really appreciate someone help

HTC Sensation XE Z715e >>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||ViperS 5.1.0 Sense 5 ROM
HTC Desire S>>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||MDDI Panel-Hopefully future development Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Y SCH-I509>>Stock
Blackberry Bellagio 9790>>Hybrid OS TheZoners_XHDTuning Series 7.1

taz911
Old
(Last edited by taz911; 1st January 2014 at 12:19 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Its on S-on, so i have to flash the image after recovery too?

JJeamy
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz911 View Post
Its on S-on, so i have to flash the image after recovery too?
yes..you must flashing boot.img too that extracted from the rom.zip (the same rom that you had already restoring from backup)
press the button .. then you have proved that you really appreciate someone help

HTC Sensation XE Z715e >>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||ViperS 5.1.0 Sense 5 ROM
HTC Desire S>>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||MDDI Panel-Hopefully future development Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Y SCH-I509>>Stock
Blackberry Bellagio 9790>>Hybrid OS TheZoners_XHDTuning Series 7.1
The Following User Says Thank You to JJeamy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]