[Q] New To Andriod And Need Urgent Help

Tip us?

nananas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] New To Andriod And Need Urgent Help

first of all hello to the best Team in the world and happy new year
i am new to andriod and i have a galaxy note 2 N7100 and i heard that rooting the phone gives more advanced options i got the toolkit from your adorable web site and rooted my phone but because am beginner i want to upgrade my phone to 4.3 or 4.4 but i don't know know to do it . i only can deal with videos and pics guides that's why i liked the tool kit and rooted my phone so please can any one help me with details ( pic's or videos ) how can i upgrade my jelly bean to 4.3 or 4.4 ? or even is it better to stay on 4.1.2 or to upgrade ?
Thanks alot guys and waiting for reply

Foka002
Old
(Last edited by Foka002; 1st January 2014 at 11:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 119
Whatever u do, don't upgrade to 4.3 by official updates because you will lose warranty. If you want to keep it clean then this is what u need to do:
1. Install custom recovery ( I recommend. Philz's)
2. Flash Mj5 bootloader ( very important so you can keep your warranty)
3. Now you can do whatever u like. Flash custom roms etc.

I know it's not much explained but I'm sure someone who's got more time will explain better. This is just quick guide so you can stay safe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Previous: HTC Touch (Elf)
Previous: HTC Hero
Previous: Orange San Francisco
Previous: HTC Desire HD
Previous: Motorola Atrix
Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current: Asus Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to Foka002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nananas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default i already lost the warranty after makeing a custom rom for the 1st time :D

i already lost the warranty after makeing a custom rom for the 1st time now after losing the warranty i cant upgrade the official update it says that your phone is modified and software updates are not available so i want to update manually by a custom rom

Foka002
Old
Thanks Meter 119
You only lose warranty if they can proof that you modified your mobile. If you have not used official 4.3 update then it's easy to restore your phone to stock with out any trace of previous modifications. Install custom recovery which is designed for installation of custom roms. Read this forum and you will find all the answers. Remember don't use official 4.3 updates for now until your knowledge is a little bigger. Regards

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Previous: HTC Touch (Elf)
Previous: HTC Hero
Previous: Orange San Francisco
Previous: HTC Desire HD
Previous: Motorola Atrix
Current: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Current: Asus Nexus 7

dalanik
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by nananas View Post
fhow can i upgrade my jelly bean to 4.3 or 4.4 ? or even is it better to stay on 4.1.2 or to upgrade ?
Thanks alot guys and waiting for reply
I would go for 4.3. 4.4 is not stable enough for everyday use, and 4.1.2 is slower than 4.3. Find some ROM with Note 3 pack, you will have more options and features and they're pretty bug free.

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 682
If your new to android have a read of some of Dr ketan's guides. They are very helpful and noob friendly. You won't go far wrong if you follow his advice

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app