Boskov
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Htc Ville C2 software issue

Hello people!
First of all - Happy New Year!
Okay, my problem is this:
I gave my phone to a person who knows what he's doing, to change my ROM (switched from stock ROM to CM10).I wasn't there and didn't know what he did but I was glad that he did it. The ROM was still a beta (not sure how is it called for the ROMs) version and I had some problems with the camera, chrome and messanger were closing even if I didn't want them and many other problems which i dont remember now. This was the reason I wanted to change this CM10 to another ROM , but I had some problems with changing it. Took me like 4 hours (eventho my phone was unlocked) and i almost gave up when I tried for last time to install CM again and it worked! I don't know what I did because It was long ago. Anyways to my main problem:
Before 2 days I told myself ok now is the time to change the ROM (New Year - new ROM ). I started doing everything that the post I found says ( I can't give you link, but it's for dummies). All I did wrong was not downloading the whole folder with the boot.img (which I still don't have) ,but only the file boot.img from 2shared. I had to do the last step, because the device entered a Bootloop. Since then I Power ON my phone ,but all it does is to show the "HTC quitely brilliant logo. I tried to reinstall the Viper ROM , but nothing changed. I panicked. I had Trickdroid 6.0 on my device so I tried to install it too, but still the ending result was the same... The last choice I had was to install the CM ROM again, so I did it. Still nothing. I think it all came from the boot.img file i downloaded , but I'm not sure. I started to search forums for this kind of issue but I didn't find anything similar to this, or atleast I didn't search for the right thing. Anyways, I thought of doing a factory reset from the Fastboot mode, and after 2 hours of searching the forums I did a factory reset. The phone restarted and entered in the Recovery menu again. I didn't know what was I supposed to do there + I had NOTHING in the phone (which I knew it was going to happened) but I didnt think that the ROMs will be deleted too. So I tried to connect my phone with the USB ,but as usual it needs a full boot up to connect with the USB, so I can upload some files to it. Now all I can do is enter in the Recovery/Fastboot menu. Can anyone help me or does anyone have an idea what should I do?
P.S. Sorry for the long post. I'm desperate.

SMillerNL
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 960

DONATE TO ME
Can you sideload a zip through recovery? Because boot.img files are only a kernel, so you're going to need a complete kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

"I actually don't want any Thanks. I don't need to be Thanked, because I just want to make XDA a better place..."
http://team-fun.eu

Boskov
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMillerNL View Post
Can you sideload a zip through recovery? Because boot.img files are only a kernel, so you're going to need a complete kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
I cannot connect to the computer. I don't have anything on my phone and I can't upload anything to the device. Except if there is a option to 'allow" something via fastboot from the computer. Since that is the only connection I have with the phone.