XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] is this SDS?

Tip us?

DieZz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] is this SDS?

Tragically my Note 2 (N7100) has failed me yesterday. I was on my way home with very little battery, with my phone in my pocket. When i plugged it in i noticed it had died and came up with the battery symbol. I tried powering it on with no success and it hasn't worked since. I have tried different cables, USB charging etc. The computer doesn't detect it when plugged in, I can't go into recovery or download mode and all I get is the red sensor light flashing faintly every few seconds when I press and hold the power button.

I've been doing some reading in the past 6 hours and it points to SDS but most people could get in recovery and all. Is this my case? Can I check the emmc version by opening the phone (never had warranty because I was foolish enough to buy this from someone).

I have flashed countless ROMs, never had a problem, never bricked, always fixed any quirks I had but this is a bit beyond me. I was on Omnirom 4.4.2...

ijsiregar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieZz View Post
Tragically my Note 2 (N7100) has failed me yesterday. I was on my way home with very little battery, with my phone in my pocket. When i plugged it in i noticed it had died and came up with the battery symbol. I tried powering it on with no success and it hasn't worked since. I have tried different cables, USB charging etc. The computer doesn't detect it when plugged in, I can't go into recovery or download mode and all I get is the red sensor light flashing faintly every few seconds when I press and hold the power button.

I've been doing some reading in the past 6 hours and it points to SDS but most people could get in recovery and all. Is this my case? Can I check the emmc version by opening the phone (never had warranty because I was foolish enough to buy this from someone).

I have flashed countless ROMs, never had a problem, never bricked, always fixed any quirks I had but this is a bit beyond me. I was on Omnirom 4.4.2...
IF u cant go to download, recovery mode, and ge the red sensors light flashing, i think its 99% SDS problem.

U should go to the nearest Samsung Centre to confirm and fix it actually