XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

This guide will help u flash more better

Tip us?

lox2013
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default This guide will help u flash more better

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc"

You do this with 7-Zip/WinRAR

Note: DO NOT EXTRACT ROM!
In the ROM go to:

/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

1)Open updater-script with a script editor such as notepad/notepad++ (makes things 10x easier), or gedit if you use linux

2)Delete the first line of code (all the way up to the first semicolon you see) and delete the first semi-colon as well

Do not go past the first semiclon when deleteing and DO NOT forget to delete the first semicolon.

Cheers!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2127
Quote:
Originally Posted by lox2013 View Post
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc"

You do this with 7-Zip/WinRAR

Note: DO NOT EXTRACT ROM!
In the ROM go to:

/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

1)Open updater-script with a script editor such as notepad/notepad++ (makes things 10x easier), or gedit if you use linux

2)Delete the first line of code (all the way up to the first semicolon you see) and delete the first semi-colon as well

Do not go past the first semiclon when deleteing and DO NOT forget to delete the first semicolon.

Cheers!

Please be careful doing this. The "assert getprop" is meant to keep you from flashing the wrong ROM onto your device. Flashing a ROM for a different device can really mess up your hardware. Only do this, if you are sure that the ROM you want to flash is the right one for your device and if you know why you are getting this error. For example you edited your build.prop so that you could mimic another device.

lox2013
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Here is my question I follow what it said but when I try to flash it it says installation aborted I did everything even I got my ROM here is virgin mobile l710