XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mediaserver problem?

Tip us?

paulux2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Mediaserver problem?

Hi guys i have just bought this phone and in battery use i see that mediaserver drain about 30% of battery is this a known issue and how can i resolve?

Inviato da Sony Xperia SP

cachanilla86
Old
Thanks Meter 454

DONATE TO ME
Not an issue if you use it a lot to hear music or watch videos or photos. I should be back to normal on the next full charge. Everytime the battery is fully charged android creats a new stats file.

paulux2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachanilla86 View Post
Not an issue if you use it a lot to hear music or watch videos or photos. I should be back to normal on the next full charge. Everytime the battery is fully charged android creats a new stats file.
The problem is that I took only 5-6 photos only for try the camera, I listened to music for about 40 minutes and I didn't do anything else. With this use I think that 20-25% of mediaserver is a very high battery drain.. Anyone has this problem?

NestorC
Old
(Last edited by NestorC; 1st January 2014 at 01:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
I have the same problem, sometimes it gets 25-30%, and its brand new phone, no music, video, just couple of photos to test camera. Have too high Keep awake time on it, sometimes 2,3h. Here is the picture...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mw16ke7w2t...1-03-55-37.png

paulux2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NestorC View Post
I have the same problem, sometimes it gets 25-30%, and its brand new phone, no music, video, just couple of photos to test camera. Have too high Keep awake time on it, sometimes 2,3h. Here is the picture...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mw16ke7w2t...1-03-55-37.png
We have the same problem. I've a brand phone too. I read that someone has resolved the problem with titanium backup and he has block the media process. I will wait until 4.3 has been released then if the problem doesn't solve I will root and try to resolve by me.