[Q] TF300T Keyboard issues

Tip us?

robscar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] TF300T Keyboard issues

Hey all,

So, I purchased this keyboard for my TF300T, refurbished from Asus. I connected the keyboard and my tablet does not recognize it. As if it's not even there. I am running CleanRom CROMI 4.7.0-10.6.15.3/US ODEX. As I look at my settings under "about tablet", it states "MobileDock Version not available". If I cold boot, the tablet freezes. So, I have rebooted, cold booted with the keyboard connected, I have tried about everything.

I am thinking of restoring the tablet back to JB 4.1 and trying from there. Reasonably speaking, that would set the tablet back to the condition it was when I unboxed it.

I need some thoughts, is anyone experiencing this same thing? I have read that there are issues with the keyboard when going from 4.1 to 4.2, but I can't validate that statement. So, I need some help. I do not believe I have a physical connection issue, I believe I have a firmware issue.

What I can't follow is why the doc isn't even recognized....

Scar!

robscar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
anyone? i read of tons of issues with this keyboard, but so many seem to be firmware issues versus connection issues. Any thoughts would be awesome!

graphdarnell
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by robscar View Post
anyone? i read of tons of issues with this keyboard, but so many seem to be firmware issues versus connection issues. Any thoughts would be awesome!
What makes you so certain the keyboard isn't the culprit? I mean if the tab has been working fine with your USB cable, there's every reason to scrutinize the dock. After all, it's refurbished for a reason.

robscar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
You are very correct sir...it's absolutely possible. If I cannot get it to work, I will return the product. However, I have read so many posts with issues that arose with the changes from JB 4.1 to 4.2, it makes me think the firmware is the issue. I mean, the dock isn't even recognized, much less doing anything. Very strange indeed. Before I returned it, I wanted to find out for sure. I really would love to have the "stock" keyboard, but I am starting to lean toward something bluetooth.

graphdarnell
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by robscar View Post
You are very correct sir...it's absolutely possible. If I cannot get it to work, I will return the product. However, I have read so many posts with issues that arose with the changes from JB 4.1 to 4.2, it makes me think the firmware is the issue. I mean, the dock isn't even recognized, much less doing anything. Very strange indeed. Before I returned it, I wanted to find out for sure. I really would love to have the "stock" keyboard, but I am starting to lean toward something bluetooth.
I questioned the keyboard because I have one to which I've connected about 10 different tabs of various models and ROMS (4.1 and 4.2), and never once failed. I guess one way to find out would be to find another working tab (whether a TF300, 700 or 201) to test your keyboard with. I've been running different versions of ASOP roms, and never encountered a glitch. Which sort of rules out firmware as the cause. For sure, CleanRom and Cromi-X don't do it.

robscar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Excellent response...and THANKS!! This is exactly what I needed to hear. I have packaged up the keyboard and will be returning it. I appreciate you getting with me on this. I will probably try getting one more before I give up and get a bluetooth keyboard. Again, thanks so much for taking some time out to get with me.

Enjoy the New Year and again...thank you!

Scar!

robscar
Old
(Last edited by robscar; 1st January 2014 at 02:57 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you again...