5,597,647 Members 33,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

View Cover thinks it's closed although it's flipped all the way to the back

Tip us?

Ochs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question View Cover thinks it's closed although it's flipped all the way to the back

Hey guys,
I got myself a View Cover for my Note 3.
Now I've got a problem:
When completely opening the cover, so that the front view is on the back of my phone, the phone goes into the "cover is closed-mode", i got that square view and can go to camera and action-memos...
But i just wanted to use my phone normally,
Is it just me with that problem or has anyone the same problems?

phone is in "cover is closed-mode" when it's actually closed
phone is in normal mode when cover is opened
phone is in "cover is closed-mode" when it's flipped back completely

Thanks in advance!

kudosmog
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochs View Post
Hey guys,
I got myself a View Cover for my Note 3.
Now I've got a problem:
When completely opening the cover, so that the front view is on the back of my phone, the phone goes into the "cover is closed-mode", i got that square view and can go to camera and action-memos...
But i just wanted to use my phone normally,
Is it just me with that problem or has anyone the same problems?

phone is in "cover is closed-mode" when it's actually closed
phone is in normal mode when cover is opened
phone is in "cover is closed-mode" when it's flipped back completely

Thanks in advance!
I've got the same problem. I stopped using the s-view case because of it.
Some people say there were some defective batches where this was an issue (magnet too strong?), and others say they don't have the issue at all.
If you have the option, try exchanging it for a different one and see if you get better results.

Gimik
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I had the same thing happen as well. I let the company know and they gave me a new case. Hasn't happened since.

lift off
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Are you guys talking about genuine S-View covers?
Because I get that sometimes on my cover, but it is a cheap chinese knock-off, so I don't mind it at all - it rarely happens anyway.

But I wouldn't accept that on a genuine Samsung cover.

Ochs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I've tried another cover, too but the problem remained. I aswell am using some chinese knockoff, although it says samsung... But yeah, can someone tell me if the original view-cover got that problems?

Thanks for your replies!

Kawaisa
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochs View Post
I've tried another cover, too but the problem remained. I aswell am using some chinese knockoff, although it says samsung... But yeah, can someone tell me if the original view-cover got that problems?

Thanks for your replies!
Genuine Samsung s-view cover doesn't have this issue
Motorola V300 > Sony Ericsson K700i > Panasonic VS3 > Sony Ericsson W850i > HTC G1 > iPhone 2G > Samsung Vibrant > Samsung Galaxy S2 > HTC One S > Samsung Galaxy Note II + LG Nexus 4> Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Note 3

Comatose
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've got a genuine cover and I don't have this problem at all.

If its a knock off, good chance the magnet in the front of the case is too strong. I've noticed if I put a magnet up to the bottom left of the phone, this will trick it into thinking the cover is closed. Similarly if its done from the back of the phone, if the magnet is too strong it will trigger the same. not sure if theres something you can place in the back cover of the case to shield it?

Ochs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
I've got a genuine cover and I don't have this problem at all.

If its a knock off, good chance the magnet in the front of the case is too strong. I've noticed if I put a magnet up to the bottom left of the phone, this will trick it into thinking the cover is closed. Similarly if its done from the back of the phone, if the magnet is too strong it will trigger the same. not sure if theres something you can place in the back cover of the case to shield it?
First, thanks for your reply!
I will check if I can protect the back somehow.
But anyways, I am thinking of buying another view-cover because my phone won't recognize mine from time to time... Have to reattach it to get it back working.

Tags
accessories, note3, viewcover