Ouya Issues

Tip us?

tevil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Default Ouya Issues

GF got me an ouya as a stocking stuffer and even though I really wanted one and think its a great little toy, I cant get over a few issues.

I am hoping some of you guys can tell me you've experienced the same and maybe even have a fix.

My console is rooted but stock rom.

1) controller lag is awful. Even playing an old SNES game mario world was so unresponsive I couldn't even finish the first stage. I downloaded "The Ball" which actually is a very interesting little game I might buy for 9$ but seriously the Lag would get so bad My guy would end up spinning in cricles and killing himself.

I recently decided to hard wire the system since I have read online thats a possible fix but really didnt get time to test. Also read placing the system on its side helps but REALLY?

2) Sound dissapears. EVERY time I reboot or come up from sleep mode (50/50 on that one) I have to repeatedly unplug and re plug in the HDMI plug until sound returns. WTF is up with that? Also read this could be a universal problem after the latest update.

3) Wireless N will not work. Again I have hardwired it for now but the thing WILL NOT see my wireless N on my duel band. It will see the G fine and have "excellent" connection but it will not see the N. I even tried manually entering the SSID but no luck. My buddy who also bought one when I did seems to have ZERO the issues Im having.

I have been dealing with tech support and wondering If I shoudl just return the thing to Target as a faulty model and try again.

Mattthev
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevil View Post
GF got me an ouya as a stocking stuffer and even though I really wanted one and think its a great little toy, I cant get over a few issues.

I am hoping some of you guys can tell me you've experienced the same and maybe even have a fix.

My console is rooted but stock rom.

1) controller lag is awful. Even playing an old SNES game mario world was so unresponsive I couldn't even finish the first stage. I downloaded "The Ball" which actually is a very interesting little game I might buy for 9$ but seriously the Lag would get so bad My guy would end up spinning in cricles and killing himself.

I recently decided to hard wire the system since I have read online thats a possible fix but really didnt get time to test. Also read placing the system on its side helps but REALLY?

2) Sound dissapears. EVERY time I reboot or come up from sleep mode (50/50 on that one) I have to repeatedly unplug and re plug in the HDMI plug until sound returns. WTF is up with that? Also read this could be a universal problem after the latest update.

3) Wireless N will not work. Again I have hardwired it for now but the thing WILL NOT see my wireless N on my duel band. It will see the G fine and have "excellent" connection but it will not see the N. I even tried manually entering the SSID but no luck. My buddy who also bought one when I did seems to have ZERO the issues Im having.

I have been dealing with tech support and wondering If I shoudl just return the thing to Target as a faulty model and try again.
1) I don't have any lags with controllet. I have used Wifi, but now I'm using ethernet and work fine. Try the controller settings with wifi and bluetooth settings.
2) I have sound bug only in emulator. Solution is go to the audio settings and than back. Once do this in GTA but I only press 2x menu button a than quit and it worked.
3) I have only 802.11 N and no problem. If you mean 5GHz N this is not support.
Huawei Honor 2 U9508 2GB, 4.2 B705 Batty86 2.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 JBrom 4.0.4 OC
MK802+ GPU/CPU/RAM OC Uberoid 1.2 rom 4.0.4 -----> working better than OUYA!
OUYA - Root, Play Store ------> EPRJ kernel is comin and KitKat rom

tevil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattthev View Post
1) no problem. If you mean 5GHz N this is not support.
okay then thats it cause mine is dual channel

Still the controller lag is a huge issue.
Also the sound settings are not it cause literally I will just replug in the HDMI and it comes back.

thanks

Ive googled and seen others who say their sound went after the latest update and since mine updated as soon as it turned on then thats probably it

Mattthev
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevil View Post
okay then thats it cause mine is dual channel

Still the controller lag is a huge issue.
Also the sound settings are not it cause literally I will just replug in the HDMI and it comes back.

thanks

Ive googled and seen others who say their sound went after the latest update and since mine updated as soon as it turned on then thats probably it
Try another HDMI cable and use ethernet.
Huawei Honor 2 U9508 2GB, 4.2 B705 Batty86 2.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 JBrom 4.0.4 OC
MK802+ GPU/CPU/RAM OC Uberoid 1.2 rom 4.0.4 -----> working better than OUYA!
OUYA - Root, Play Store ------> EPRJ kernel is comin and KitKat rom

tevil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattthev View Post
Try another HDMI cable and use ethernet.
yeah been through about 4 cables until I finally just went back to stock because it was the shortest.
All of them did it.
Im on ethernet now. Will have to run some plays tonight.

Snoman002
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Location. Is your Ouya in clear sight and close to the controller? For some ungodly reason the Ouya has a metal case, a metal case surrounding all the wireless antennas.

I recently placed my Ouya 6" from where it previously resided, but behind my TV. Now my streaming shows buffer every 2-3 minutes.

I have heard the aftermarket cases offer significant improvements in wireless performance. Since the WiFi and Bluetooth use the same chip and antenna both are affected, and both improve with increased signal that is the result of removing the Faraday cage from around the motherboard. This improves the responsiveness of the controller since it isn't fighting for signal as much, and Bluetooth is a low power short range protocol as it is.

Also try calibrating the controller. Pull the batteries, put them back in, and fire up the controller. Don't touch it while its starting. It helped improve my controller some, didn't notice if it improved lag at all though.

tevil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
ill try the recalibration.

I have turned it on its side and its about 8' to the right of where I sit in plain line of sight. Also its using a hard cable now. improved but NOT great. Will work fine for like 15 minutes then just start buggin out.

My controller firmware is 0x0103 which seems to be older since there is 0104 out now.

My buddy who has ZERO issues with his controller running wifi with his OUYA behind his TV is going to tell me his firmware tonight. He lives in anotehr state tho so we cant trade controlelrs.

Been going back and forth with OUYA cust serv on this.

Also the sound thing seems to be a big issue on the OUYA forums

flamepanther
Old
Thanks Meter 49
No issues with sound for me, so it is not universal. It's probably a bug that affects some TV's and receivers but not others. Stuff like that was super common when HDMI was new. Doing support for HD cable boxes sucked, let me tell you.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk