XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Signal Strength

Tip us?

mcernuto
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Signal Strength

I have noticed on the stock rom, 4.1.2 I get mostly LTE and 4g and rarely edge. I have also noticed on aftermarket ROMs the signal bounces around a lot. I'm currently running CM 11 p11, is there any way to get better signal? Or force it to only get 4g and LTE? I have already gone into settings and chose T-Mobile fast APN. What else can I do. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 262

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcernuto View Post
I have noticed on the stock rom, 4.1.2 I get mostly LTE and 4g and rarely edge. I have also noticed on aftermarket ROMs the signal bounces around a lot. I'm currently running CM 11 p11, is there any way to get better signal? Or force it to only get 4g and LTE? I have already gone into settings and chose T-Mobile fast APN. What else can I do. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
I'm guessing you were on att stock and liked the signal. Then you flashed a tmobile rom and now signal is different no? If you liked the att stock rom signal, then the modem or "Baseband version" you liked is the "I717UCMB4". If you check under "About Device" it will tell you what baseband version you're on. You can flash modems separately and find out which one works best for you. Just do a search for modems!