5,605,835 Members 47,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is the beatsaudio actually any good?

Tip us?

Dark Jedi
Old
Thanks Meter 570
This is what I have told people for years about beats. There's nothing special about it that its just an eq setting which you can recreate with any DSP type app we have seen out for a while and quite honestly make it sound better. Beats is for (I hate to say it) for lazy people that doesn't want to take the time to setup an eq setting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

axeldiks1
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Check out this review , htc one is the best audio device on the market.
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one-review-912p7.php
"This is the second smartphone in a row where HTC makes the Beats audio logo stand for something other than a simple equalizer.."

And i've tested several phones personally such as xperia z , s4 , apple 5s , htc one in my car. (bang & olufsen sound system) - incredible quality.
While on my friend's stock honda sounds horrible , so it depends on a quality of you stereo or headphones.

Dark Jedi
Old
Thanks Meter 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by axeldiks1 View Post
Check out this review , htc one is the best audio device on the market.
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one-review-912p7.php
"This is the second smartphone in a row where HTC makes the Beats audio logo stand for something other than a simple equalizer.."

And i've tested several phones personally such as xperia z , s4 , apple 5s , htc one in my car. (bang & olufsen sound system) - incredible quality.
While on my friend's stock honda sounds horrible , so it depends on a quality of you stereo or headphones.
This is true but using other DSP apps while running aosp ROMs on this phone have gotten better sounds than what beats could produce. Beats is just a general eq setting no more no less. Most likely they did a study on the eq settings and this setting that's in the phone now is what the general population agreed on. Me myself can enjoy beats setting but there are times I like to fine tune it more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Yengich
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I use the power amp on my HTC and used it on my galaxy s, 10 band equalizer appears to sound good.

bschram
Old
Thanks Meter 122

DONATE TO ME
It definitely sounds better on the One with Beats enabled, but the external speaker volume takes a pretty big hit with Beats on. I usually end up leaving it on for music, but turn it off whenever I'm watching a video. I think just as good or better sound with better volume can be achieved with DSP or Power Amp.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
If I've helped, please hit Thanks!

Devices:
HTC One - ViperOne 6.0.0

Motorola Droid Razr - Cyanogenmod - Sold
iPhone 5 - 1 DAY ONLY Sold to fund HTC One
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD - CarbonRom -- Traded for iPhone 5
Samsung Galaxy S III - SlimBean - Sold
Motorola Droid Razr HD - Sold
Samsung Galaxy S III - Sold
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx - Cyanogenmod - Sold

HTC Droid Incredible

Future Device:
HTC M8 - Team Venom ROM

jbowling93080
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default BEATS

They are over rated. With the auto adjustment part it makes the music sound weird like its fading in and out. thats the most annoying part. so i leave beats off.

vpxf
Old
Thanks Meter 8
As said before it's nothing but an equalizer. It does sound great under most conditions but it's nothing that should make or break your decision on getting the phone as just about any audio app(and other custom ROMs) can do the same.

mmuzzy
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4229
I probably wouldn't consider myself a picky audiophile by any means but I think the stereo speakers on the One are most of the difference I hear. My audio app is Poweramp which has a really nice EQ built in. I prefer to tweak that over enabling Beats. Beats sounds over processed to me. Even running AOKP, the first time I had a notification while I held the phone had me startled with the clarity and volume of the sound... and that was without Beats obviously.
........Toro....|....Toroplus....|....Grouper....|....Mako....|....Manta....|....Maguro

spunkfaucet666
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Beats just sounds like a bass boost to me. Which I'm okay with or without.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app