XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any other physicians use this?

Tip us?

saxblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post Any other physicians use this?

Just got this phone 1.5 days ago...still getting used to the size...(see other thread).

But I was wondering- Any other physicians using this phone? Any killer apps/uses you've discovered using s-pen or otherwise? (besides the standard Epocrates, Uptodate, etc.)

dmrasm
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Amion/doximity are pretty good. Citrix also has a decent app that is good for remote access assuming that your hospital has it set up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

saxblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrasm View Post
Amion/doximity are pretty good. Citrix also has a decent app that is good for remote access assuming that your hospital has it set up.

Thanks! I forgot about Citrix. I had it set up on my Nexus 7 but finger input was a bit difficult. Perhaps stylus input will be better....

nyjumpman
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Takes up my entire left front white coat pocket but I'm loving it, really only use epocrates for it thus far

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fjrtha
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxblue View Post
Just got this phone 1.5 days ago...still getting used to the size...(see other thread).

But I was wondering- Any other physicians using this phone? Any killer apps/uses you've discovered using s-pen or otherwise? (besides the standard Epocrates, Uptodate, etc.)
Hopsital has EPIC EMR via Citrix receiver. Can place/sign orders, write/sign notes, view labs PACS pretty much all EPIC features. Use Pocket Cloud to access office EMR and PACS via remote desktop. Use in OR to access office notes and XRays.

dmrasm
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Good to hear. My hospital will be transitioning to epic in a few months. Seems like the note 3 let's you access most everything in epic?

fjrtha
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default traveled anituran

[QUOTE=dmrasm;48858149]Good to hear. My hospital will be transitioning to epic in a few months. Seems like the note 3 let's you access most everything in epic?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE

Everything, as long as hospital sets up access properly. Citrix receiver logs onto hospital server, and starts a windows virtual machine running EPIC. You are now remotely driving EPIC with your Note 3. Pince/zoom and the S-Pen are useful to navigate in EPIC. If hospital gets Haiku app (mobile EPIC viewer), it is useful as viewer only. I do not use Haiku, because it does not allow you to write/sign oders or notes.

Also the Note 3 camera is outstanding for take intra-op and clinical photos, that can be placed in EPIC. IT at our hospital was did not think images could be inserted into EPIC progress notes. MD in Peds ICU figured it out.