5,605,438 Members 44,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Big problem] [Death Xperia V]

Tip us?

piu65
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My device has been connected around 36 hours to the wall charger with the rubber on the power key, than plugged during 36 hours via usb to the pc. There was an alternation of blink red led (1m30 off, more than 3min on) or off led or on led. I also tried the flash mode with the rubber on the volume - key during more than 15 minutes without any chance. If I completely disconnect the device to any power source I push the power button, the red led blink regulary, I think it's because there's not enough power.
I will be at home tomorrow and my last chance will be my external battery with a 2.1A output. I hope this additional power will be enough ...

piu65
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's really weird. The external battery with a 2.1A output is switched off automatically after some time when nothing is conected. When I plug the device to it, nothing happen during ~1min then the red led is on during around ~5min but finally turned off and the external battery too 2 minutes after. If I manually restart the external power source as soon as the red led turned off, nothing happen during 2 minutes and the external battery finally turn off. I immediatly restart the external battery, and after ~1min, the red led turns on. It's like the device need a 2/3 min break after each 5 minutes of power. If I wait 10 minutes before restart the external battery, the red led turn on immediatly.

I'm finally not sure the battery is charging as I've never been able to have a fix red led

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 128
What's the battery voltage?
"I don't think we need comments/discussions on rules/guidelines."

piu65
Old
Thanks Meter 0
5V as the wall charger.

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by piu65 View Post
5V as the wall charger.
no.

Do you have the chance trying this battery in another v? Or another sony phone which used this battery type?

piu65
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I confirm the wall charger output is 5V-1.5A. The external battery as 2 different outputs: 5V-1.2A or 5V-2.5A. Unfortunattely, I don't know any one with a sony device using the same battery type and I can't change the voltage of the external battery. I think I will send it back to sony and hope they don't discover the bootloader modification. I leave the phone plugged during more than 18 hours again with the rubber on the power button. As soon as I unplug it and keep the power button pushed, the red led blink quickly as if the battery is empty.

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 128
You could order a cheap battery from Ebay.

piu65
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yep, I will do it if Sony is not able to fix it (if they answer me that the garanty is over because of the unlocked bootloader).