5,606,588 Members 34,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

my wind note 2 is on 4.3. is it possible to downgrade?

Tip us?

nodyarg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default my wind note 2 is on 4.3. is it possible to downgrade?

my wind note 2 is on 4.3. is it possible to downgrade? i want to unlock the phone, and ebay doesnt have many options for this variant. id rather do it myself for free anyways. what are my options?
Phone: LG/T-Mobile Optimus G2x (LG P999)
ROM: AOSP EAGLESBLOOD ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0.4 ROM BUILD 4

sabresfan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
The upgrade to 4.3 changed the game with warranties. If you don't care about the warranty then look in the general forum here. Some have gone back but it trips the new knox counter voiding your warranty.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

nodyarg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan View Post
The upgrade to 4.3 changed the game with warranties. If you don't care about the warranty then look in the general forum here. Some have gone back but it trips the new knox counter voiding your warranty.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
I bought it second hand with no receipt from someone who bought it from wind in canada, and I am planning on using it on o2 in the UK. I'm pretty sure my warranty is void/useless anyways. I believe I need to downgrade in order to unlock it to o2. Thanks for the advice, ill take a look.
The Following User Says Thank You to nodyarg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JustLurkin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default try this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodyarg View Post
I bought it second hand with no receipt from someone who bought it from wind in canada, and I am planning on using it on o2 in the UK. I'm pretty sure my warranty is void/useless anyways. I believe I need to downgrade in order to unlock it to o2. Thanks for the advice, ill take a look.
Instead of downgrading entire ROM, try downgrading radio instead

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2153613
The Following User Says Thank You to JustLurkin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nodyarg
Old
(Last edited by nodyarg; 31st December 2013 at 11:47 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLurkin View Post
Instead of downgrading entire ROM, try downgrading radio instead

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2153613
Thanks, I read the link. It says it works on 4.1.2 but no mention of 4.3. Worth a try though. I cant test it for a few more weeks since im back in toronto and the phone is with my girl in the UK.

Does anyone know if there is even sim unlocking services for this phone? Seems like ebay has nothing for t889

JustLurkin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default I just did downgrade the radio on 4.3 unlocked no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodyarg View Post
Thanks, I read the link. It says it works on 4.1.2 but no mention of 4.3. Worth a try though. I cant test it for a few more weeks since im back in toronto and the phone is with my girl in the UK.

Does anyone know if there is even sim unlocking services for this phone? Seems like ebay has nothing for t889
I don't know if a service on eBay, but I can attest that I just flashed the modem this afternoon after unbricking my phone with Kies which installed the most recent stock official ROM 4.3 and it worked. I did back up before I did it although I had nothing on the phone. Hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to JustLurkin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nodyarg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLurkin View Post
I don't know if a service on eBay, but I can attest that I just flashed the modem this afternoon after unbricking my phone with Kies which installed the most recent stock official ROM 4.3 and it worked. I did back up before I did it although I had nothing on the phone. Hope that helps
excellent this is great news. thanks!