XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC logo

Tip us?

msmith1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default HTC logo

I previously had a custom rom in which I could use the HTC logo as a menu and screen on/off button, also the led from the home and back buttons would light up in lieu of notifications. I went back stock because I was tired of the rom file sizes and the amount of time it takes to download and transfer to phone. I said All that to ask if there is a way I can get that functionality back on stock. Also my phone is still S off and rooted.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Touch Pro> Tilt> G1> Wing> Touch Pro2> HD2> Vibrant> MyTouch Slide> G2>myTouch 4g> G2>Sensation 4g> Galaxy S2

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2098
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1991 View Post
I previously had a custom rom in which I could use the HTC logo as a menu and screen on/off button, also the led from the home and back buttons would light up in lieu of notifications. I went back stock because I was tired of the rom file sizes and the amount of time it takes to download and transfer to phone. I said All that to ask if there is a way I can get that functionality back on stock. Also my phone is still S off and rooted.

You'll need a custom kernel for those options.

msmith1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
You'll need a custom kernel for those options.
Oh yeah, I remember I had to get a certain Kernal for that, unfortunately I don't remember which one it was. Do you think it will work with the stock ROM?

Touch Pro> Tilt> G1> Wing> Touch Pro2> HD2> Vibrant> MyTouch Slide> G2>myTouch 4g> G2>Sensation 4g> Galaxy S2

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2098
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1991 View Post
Oh yeah, I remember I had to get a certain Kernal for that, unfortunately I don't remember which one it was. Do you think it will work with the stock ROM?

probably; it would be either one of @flar2 kernels (ElementalX or Bulletproof) or teamseven's kernels.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

msmith1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
probably; it would be either one of @flar2 kernels (ElementalX or Bulletproof) or teamseven's kernels.
Thank you

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 669

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
your @ 900 thanks ..
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2098
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
your @ 900 thanks ..
i feel much younger .... but then again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KifNgw5wEE