XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nextbook Premium 7HD development

Tip us?

tylerHTC
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nextbook Premium 7HD development

Does anyone know if any ROMs have been made for this device? Can one be made? I already have root access, lol I just don't know what to do from here. Anyways I'm new to android so help me what's cool and essential?

Sent from my NX007HD using xda app-developers app

TheSkorpion
Old
(Last edited by TheSkorpion; 4th January 2014 at 09:21 PM.) Reason: added more information about manufacturer
Thanks Meter 0
Default similar issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerHTC View Post
Does anyone know if any ROMs have been made for this device? Can one be made? I already have root access, lol I just don't know what to do from here. Anyways I'm new to android so help me what's cool and essential?

Sent from my NX007HD using xda app-developers app
I purchased 5 of these for Christmas, mostly for my kids to play games. The single biggest problem with them seems to be that they report OpenGL Version 0.0 even though they have OpenGL ES supported. Many games in Google Play are filtered because of this and can't be installed directly on the device. I've rooted one of them and sideloaded a bunch of apps by downloading them with other devices, all the games run fine once you get them installed.

Using Android system Info and hunting around on the web, it appears that the device is actually a M7000 manufactured by Yifang with a dual-core Mali-400 GPU. From what I see there are a lot of files floating around for older versions of Android and older serial numbers with different hardware configurations. I don't see anything for this device yet so I am hoping to make a small modification from the stock system to fix the issue.

I've ripped the system folder off the device and am trying to find video drivers and/or configuration changes that can allow the device to report OpenGL version correctly.

I'll let you know if I make any progress.