5,600,182 Members 39,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Safe to disable motorola boot services?

Tip us?

tameablecarrot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Safe to disable motorola boot services?

as the the topic says, bit of a wakelock drain on 4.4. Is it safe to disable this/uninstall from titanium backup?

miklosbard
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tameablecarrot View Post
as the the topic says, bit of a wakelock drain on 4.4. Is it safe to disable this/uninstall from titanium backup?
that is used by Moto Assist for sure, but cannot tell what functionality will break in other apps

Sent from my phone

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by tameablecarrot View Post
Not advisable unless you are 200% sure it is not harmful to your phone`s OS.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

jmoore4294
Old
(Last edited by jmoore4294; 2nd January 2014 at 03:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 19
It won't break anything. I have long since removed it, and I didn't get so much as a FC for that app when it was deleted. Go ahead an uninstall it. Also, if you want to remove the "Christmas" boot animation and go back to stock, there should be a zip file located in /data/local/moodle. You can delete that and go back to the regular boot anim.

ilovetorresmo
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore4294 View Post
It won't break anything. I have long since removed it, and I didn't get so much as a FC for that app when it was deleted. Go ahead an uninstall it. Also, if you want to remove the "Christmas" boot animation and go back to stock, there should be a zip file located in /data/loca/moodle. You can delete that and go back to the regular boot anim.
That's right. And after that, change the original to a custom one on /system/media/