Backup Solution.

Tip us?

vRS Carl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Backup Solution.

Evening All.

I have not long since got my HTC One (UK version of it makes any difference).

It is S-Off, bootlooader unlocked and rooted with TWRP 2.6.3 recovery but currently running stock firmware. I've had a play with ARHD and liked it. However it's a bit of a nause having to re download apps every time I update. The internet were I am is very slow so this takes time.

I know backup solutions exist however I get conflicting reports about the apps. Having come from an iPhone (which I still use as a work phone) I am looking for a backup solution that with either a brand new phone or a factory reset and a new/custom Rom I just hit restore and it puts all my apps data and settings as it was when I backed up. Including things like my layout in widget locker and nova launcher.

I was going to be using helium but then read that you still have to download the APK for all the apps again from Google so that seems a pretty defunct choice.

It's there an app which will backup my phone, I can remove this to my laptop. Then factory reset, reinstall the app (I'm assuming you have to do this) and then I put the backup back on the phone and restore it?

Cloud options are no use due to the slow internet.

Apologies if this has been covered before but I just can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance.

Carl.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 674

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vRS Carl View Post
Evening All.

I have not long since got my HTC One (UK version of it makes any difference).

It is S-Off, bootlooader unlocked and rooted with TWRP 2.6.3 recovery but currently running stock firmware. I've had a play with ARHD and liked it. However it's a bit of a nause having to re download apps every time I update. The internet were I am is very slow so this takes time.

I know backup solutions exist however I get conflicting reports about the apps. Having come from an iPhone (which I still use as a work phone) I am looking for a backup solution that with either a brand new phone or a factory reset and a new/custom Rom I just hit restore and it puts all my apps data and settings as it was when I backed up. Including things like my layout in widget locker and nova launcher.

I was going to be using helium but then read that you still have to download the APK for all the apps again from Google so that seems a pretty defunct choice.

It's there an app which will backup my phone, I can remove this to my laptop. Then factory reset, reinstall the app (I'm assuming you have to do this) and then I put the backup back on the phone and restore it?

Cloud options are no use due to the slow internet.

Apologies if this has been covered before but I just can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance.

Carl.
I use ES File Explorer to backup all the app apk's and HTC backup to my google drive for settings / mms / contacts/ etc
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate

kamilmirza
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Titanium Backup
hit the THANKS button if helped
Google Nexus 5