5,597,647 Members 32,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I make apps think I'm running an earlier Android?

Tip us?

electroking
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Arrow How do I make apps think I'm running an earlier Android?

To whom who can answer this;

I have an application called Foxtel Go, which allows me to stream my TV programs (Foxtel) on my Android device. However the APP only allows you to use it when the phone is not rooted (Condition one) and running an official Samsung TW Phone (Condition 2). I have condition one solved because I have an APP which hides root using Xposed Installer. Condition 2 I cannot meet because I'm running Android 4.4.2 (ProBam ROM). Is there a way to make Foxtel Go think I'm running an official TW Rom?

Thank you for any assistance in return.

GRG13
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by electroking View Post
To whom who can answer this;

I have an application called Foxtel Go, which allows me to stream my TV programs (Foxtel) on my Android device. However the APP only allows you to use it when the phone is not rooted (Condition one) and running an official Samsung TW Phone (Condition 2). I have condition one solved because I have an APP which hides root using Xposed Installer. Condition 2 I cannot meet because I'm running Android 4.4.2 (ProBam ROM). Is there a way to make Foxtel Go think I'm running an official TW Rom?

Thank you for any assistance in return.
you have to change the build.prop to the requirements of the app
Download a stock based rom and take the build.prop file
Open it with a file manager and change the parameters to your custom ProBam rom
PRESS "THANKS" IF I HELPED YOU

Current Device------->>LG 4X HD and i just purchased a white SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II N7100<<--------
-----UNLOCKED BOOT LOADER-----ROOTED------ RUNNING STOCK V20a
MY VIDEOS:

HOW TO USE PHOTOSPHERE ON 4.2.1---4.2.2--JELLY BEAN

The Following User Says Thank You to GRG13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]