XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weird battery issue...

Tip us?

LegoFarmer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Weird battery issue...

So I have the Zero lemon 7000mah battery now. I let my phone die so I can get a full charge. Last night, I let it charge for 8 hours. When the phone was off, it told me that the battery was at 100%,when I boot it up, it isn't even at 50%...so I turned it off and it said the same thing while it was charging. Please help

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

DiSiD
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I honestly do not know the correct answer for you. I do know with zero lemon, Hyperion, etc...those 7000 mah batteries should never be discharged to zero. If memory serves me, never below 3%.

You may want to try the 12 hour minimum charge cycles again like when it was new? Also, maybe you could use a better charger/cable? I had a zero lemon that started acting wonky at right about 6 months, and they were good about honoring the warranty. While I was waiting for the replacement, I ordered the Hyperion 7000 mah, and they have a 2 year warranty. I've only had it a couple of months, and so far very much like the zero lemon. It actually seems exactly the same (except for the warranty).

One last thing, and this may not be good advice, but I picked up a rocket fish charger, it charges at 1 mah instead of .5 like the standard charger....Just because it charges twice as fast. No one told me to do that, and I don't know if it's bad or good. I figured they wouldn't sell rapid chargers if they were bad.

LegoFarmer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
I let it charge overnight until it was 100%, and it was when I got up. I checked it like a minute later and it was 44%... This is a bit ridiculous.

DiSiD
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Have you completely powered off your phone? That might help. If it doesn't, zero lemon was very good about replacing my battery...Maybe get a replacement.

LegoFarmer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Well it charged 1% every 15 minutes at its current rate. That is obscene.