XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Won't boot via memory card if not connected to USB cable

Tip us?

flyboynm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Won't boot via memory card if not connected to USB cable

I have a weird one. I have rebuilt my Nook and followed the directions about how to make the SDcard active, the flag is correct and everything. It will load the loader if I power it on via a powered USB cable but when I try to power it off and back on without the cable, it goes directly into the original nook tablet OS. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

sagirfahmid3
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboynm View Post
I have a weird one. I have rebuilt my Nook and followed the directions about how to make the SDcard active, the flag is correct and everything. It will load the loader if I power it on via a powered USB cable but when I try to power it off and back on without the cable, it goes directly into the original nook tablet OS. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
You're not the only one. This seems to be a common issue between newer (or was it older?) model Nooks.
Nook Color running CM7 Mirage, no gapps, Nook Tweaks app @ 1.3GHz (+500MHz past stock 0.8GHz)
Nook Tablet running CM10.1.3, no gapps, BexusNv4 kernel @ 1.3GHz (+300MHz x2 past stock 1GHz)
SGS2 T-Mobile (unlocked) running HellyBean 4.2.2, no gapps, @ 1.72GHz (+~200MHz x2 past stock 1.51GHz)

flyboynm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagirfahmid3 View Post
You're not the only one. This seems to be a common issue between newer (or was it older?) model Nooks.
On my previous build - Cyanomod 10 - Jelly Bean, I didn't have this issue. I just lost that memory card and tried it again and get the boot issue.

newbtrigger69
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboynm View Post
On my previous build - Cyanomod 10 - Jelly Bean, I didn't have this issue. I just lost that memory card and tried it again and get the boot issue.
now it seems u know the steps already but im reposting in case u missed something.....i had the same problem. i found that some NT's only respond to this exact file that i will provide. use my files in this step and get back to me. REMEMBER TO READ ALL STEPS I PROVIDED IN CASE U FORGOT SOMETHING

step1- download (https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dd1.../NOOK%20TABLET) <<-----sdboot.zip and cwm.zip
step2-download minitool partition wizzy
step3-put sd card into computer
step4-using minitool, delete partition, create partition (make primary, and fat32), right click on sd card (usually F set flag to active and change partition ID type to 0x0c fat32lba and then click apply. (IN THAT ORDER)
step5-once parted copy from the sdboot attatchment provided to sd card, the recovery.img, MLO,flashing_boot, and u-boot. Also put the cwm emmc.zip provided as well into sdcard.
step6-put sd into nook, MAKE SURE NOOK OFF BEFORE U PUT IT IN OR U WILL HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN, then plug nook into computer via usb cord, be patient and wait for nook to boot, once it finally boots, U MUST BE VERY QUICK AND PRESS "N" THE SECOND CYANOBOOT POPS UP, GO TO SDC RECOVERY NOT INTERNAL RECOVERY. that will load up sd cwm, once it is up it will now let u install the cwm i provided. install it.
step7-once this is done unplug it from comp, turn off, and repeat steps 3-6 (BUT THIS TIME ADD THE CYANOGENMOD 10.+ YOU WANT TO USE IN THE SD CARD AS WELL ALONG WITH THE CORRECT GAPPS) once sd cyanoboot pops up choose internal recovery instead of sdc recovery. install cm10+, gapps, and the internal cwm emmc.zip i gave u as well for good measure.
step8- once done take out sd card and reboot regularly with/without usb doesnt matter. u should be good...........it seems like alot but its actually rly fast when u got the hang of it.
Nook Tablet (CM 11 Nightlies)