5,593,401 Members 36,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 10.1 2014 edition to our tablet?

Tip us?
 
CiberwolF3000
Old
#1  
CiberwolF3000's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 92
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default Note 10.1 2014 edition to our tablet?

Guys, is there any chance for us to get official update to 2014ths features? Or even unofficial updates, with TwROM functionalities?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
esgie
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 129
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiberwolF3000 View Post
Guys, is there any chance for us to get official update to 2014ths features? Or even unofficial updates, with TwROM functionalities?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The question shall be different: is there any chance for us to get ANY official update.
And the answer seems to be obvious: NO.
That's Sammy's policy. N10.1 was not selling as expected - so let's show its users a middle finger. After being a Sammy's loyal client for almost 10 years - that's the absolute end, as it is the 4th device which was left without serious updates (other than cosmetic ones...) in less than a half-year after debut.
 
kkretch
Old
#3  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 367
Posts: 864
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: near Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by esgie View Post
The question shall be different: is there any chance for us to get ANY official update.
And the answer seems to be obvious: NO.
That's Sammy's policy.
You have been told this by someone at Samsung?

If not....... can you send me the link to were you read about this being Samsung's policy.

.
If I was helpful please press the thanks button

My Devices
32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition SM-P600ZKVXAR
16GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZWYXAR
16GB Blackberry Playbook
64GB Blackberry Playbook - retired
8GB 1st Gen Kindle Fire - TWRP/AOKP Jellybean - retired
User Built PC - i5/2500K @ 4500khz - Windows 7 ultimate
 
mikejones13
Old
#4  
mikejones13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 148
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hidden somewhere in the USA
I actually work with a Samsung Solutions Architect, and according to a conference call that I had this morning regarding a beta I am running on the Note 3 and Knox. Samsung is in the final stages of testing with Samsung Knox and the Galaxy Note 10.1, the problem any Carrier branded Note 10.1 has is that IT IS THE CARRIER who says when the updates get pushed out. Samsung has a 4.3 update for "legacy" devices, but with the partnership they have with the carriers ATT, Tmobile VZW and Sprint, the carriers are the ones who are not signing off on the updates. In the case of the Gt-N8013 I have NO clue what the hold up is besides the beta test for knox that I am part of. During the conference call I asked the Director of SEA Knox Development team when this will be brought to the 2012 version of Galaxy Note 10.1 and his reply is they are aggressively working on the update and it should be done soon. Now I know that doesn't mean much but at least it shows Samsung didn't just drop the 2012 version they just "need" more time to test it out. That is actually why I am part of the SEA KNOX BETA that will run the first qt of the new year.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikejones13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xuanphucn
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 335
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
I actually work with a Samsung Solutions Architect, and according to a conference call that I had this morning regarding a beta I am running on the Note 3 and Knox. Samsung is in the final stages of testing with Samsung Knox and the Galaxy Note 10.1, the problem any Carrier branded Note 10.1 has is that IT IS THE CARRIER who says when the updates get pushed out. Samsung has a 4.3 update for "legacy" devices, but with the partnership they have with the carriers ATT, Tmobile VZW and Sprint, the carriers are the ones who are not signing off on the updates. In the case of the Gt-N8013 I have NO clue what the hold up is besides the beta test for knox that I am part of. During the conference call I asked the Director of SEA Knox Development team when this will be brought to the 2012 version of Galaxy Note 10.1 and his reply is they are aggressively working on the update and it should be done soon. Now I know that doesn't mean much but at least it shows Samsung didn't just drop the 2012 version they just "need" more time to test it out. That is actually why I am part of the SEA KNOX BETA that will run the first qt of the new year.
Thats why Sammy shouldnt release so many devices. It costs them more money and more time to update since they have so many devices. I bought this tablet because I thought it was their flag ship tablet that means it would get update faster but I was totally wrong. I wont buy any ****ty tablet from Samsung again.
 
devil28
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
I actually work with a Samsung Solutions Architect, and according to a conference call that I had this morning regarding a beta I am running on the Note 3 and Knox. Samsung is in the final stages of testing with Samsung Knox and the Galaxy Note 10.1, the problem any Carrier branded Note 10.1 has is that IT IS THE CARRIER who says when the updates get pushed out. Samsung has a 4.3 update for "legacy" devices, but with the partnership they have with the carriers ATT, Tmobile VZW and Sprint, the carriers are the ones who are not signing off on the updates. In the case of the Gt-N8013 I have NO clue what the hold up is besides the beta test for knox that I am part of. During the conference call I asked the Director of SEA Knox Development team when this will be brought to the 2012 version of Galaxy Note 10.1 and his reply is they are aggressively working on the update and it should be done soon. Now I know that doesn't mean much but at least it shows Samsung didn't just drop the 2012 version they just "need" more time to test it out. That is actually why I am part of the SEA KNOX BETA that will run the first qt of the new year.
my dear friend mikejones13
thanks for your honest and precise answer
but the question being asked is somehow different than what u said
what i care most is the "feature pack" presented with the new note! it's my right and i want all of those capabilities on my N8000!

ps: u see? i am not looking for just an update! having waited so long makes me worry if I am gonna get something valuable in return or not!
I'd asked the same question before and got no answers
 
JJEgan
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4406
Posts: 23,036
Join Date: Oct 2010
Basic answer with all upgrades is you may get them . But you have no entitlement to them you never bought them in the first place . Plus at some stage the apps may be ported .
 
mikejones13
Old
#8  
mikejones13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 148
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hidden somewhere in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil28 View Post
my dear friend mikejones13
thanks for your honest and precise answer
but the question being asked is somehow different than what u said
what i care most is the "feature pack" presented with the new note! it's my right and i want all of those capabilities on my N8000!

ps: u see? i am not looking for just an update! having waited so long makes me worry if I am gonna get something valuable in return or not!
I'd asked the same question before and got no answers
Well I think you have your "right" mixed up with your "want" Samsung doesn't owe you anything for buying the 2012 version of the galaxy note 10.1 they are under no obligation to provide you with the the new features of the 2014 edition. If and I do mean if we get them, then that was mighty nice of Samsung. Otherwise if it is so important to get the new features I suggest porting the rom over to these devices. Don't get me wrong I would like the features as well considering I am the admin for my job and I have deployed 800+ 2012 Galaxy Note 10.1's to our students and staff. I don't remember Samsung saying you get X amount of updates on x amount of years when you buy a device.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to mikejones13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
enigma_x
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 142
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Well I think you have your "right" mixed up with your "want" Samsung doesn't owe you anything for buying the 2012 version of the galaxy note 10.1 they are under no obligation to provide you with the the new features of the 2014 edition. If and I do mean if we get them, then that was mighty nice of Samsung. Otherwise if it is so important to get the new features I suggest porting the rom over to these devices. Don't get me wrong I would like the features as well considering I am the admin for my job and I have deployed 800+ 2012 Galaxy Note 10.1's to our students and staff. I don't remember Samsung saying you get X amount of updates on x amount of years when you buy a device.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, Samsung didnt say anything and it doesnt need to even say anything. But when they chose Android OS they knew that every companies working with Android know that everybody having an android device are expecting to get updates - it is a nature of android. It developes fast.. What do you expect to happen if Apple did the same? "Sorry, but no new ios for u, just buy a new iWhatever?" Even the dumbiest sheep will be lost...

As you probably have seen it in a real life too, Samsung just has too many devices to kerp updated and they still dont stop. Every week they launch a new device, just changed something just a little bit to get a new toy - today it was a some model with a screen size 8.2", tomorrow they launch it again, but it will have a 8.3" screen. On next week they change it a little bit again and it is now called "pro". How can you even think about any updates nowadays!? It's crazy already, they are just flooding the markets!

And what comes to updates, i give a **** what carriers want or not. Remember that people live outside usa too. In Europe most of us dont have any carrier linked, bloatware devices. Like i am using an international version (nordic actually) of N8000, and no carriers. Why isnt this one updated? No need to wait carriers and their bloatware or anything... It is just an excuse. I only hope Samsung has faced the problem they did all by themselves flooding with billion devices. Unfortunately customers are those who pay the price!

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4
 
slavkav
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
they are under no obligation to provide you with the the new features of the 2014 edition.
true.
However, it would be nice if they would close that ugly Exynos security hole ...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Prevent Unwanted Butt Dialing with Smart Pocket Guard

You may recall that back in August of last year, we took a look atAir SwiperbyXDA … more

Google ATAP Details Project Ara in Developers’ Conference

Earlier today, the Google ATAP teamkicked offits first ever Project Ara … more

HTC Sense 6 Ported to the Nexus 5

The Google Nexus 5 is regarded as having everything an Android user needs or wants: timely updates, … more