XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

An Alternate Approach To Rooting,

Tip us?

nathansuchy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Red face An Alternate Approach To Rooting,

So recently I fixed my Kindle Fire HD 7 which had been bricked and something dawned upon me... We're spending hours writing scripts to hack Amazon's Software so we can obtain Root access. Instead of writing these scripts why not dump Amazon OS Rom, Add the Rooty Stuff, and then restore it via fast boot. That's what I did and have it to where it will not automatically update and lose the Root. Wouldn't this be a much faster and safer approach to Rooting? I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place.
Devices: Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE | Kindle Fire HD 7
Carriers: Virgin Mobile USA | WiFi Only
Roms: Rooted Stock | Stock Kindle OS 7.4.3 (working on root)
Temp Root? ./adb push ./su to ./data/local/tmp (ADB + BINs)
Guides I've Written:

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 324

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathansuchy View Post
So recently I fixed my Kindle Fire HD 7 which had been bricked and something dawned upon me... We're spending hours writing scripts to hack Amazon's Software so we can obtain Root access. Instead of writing these scripts why not dump Amazon OS Rom, Add the Rooty Stuff, and then restore it via fast boot. That's what I did and have it to where it will not automatically update and lose the Root. Wouldn't this be a much faster and safer approach to Rooting? I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place.
Huh?

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT]
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841

Jserrano56
Old
Thanks Meter 116
I think he meant someone shout create a back up with root and OTA disable and create a tools or something where people can restore it to their Kindle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ph0enix_216
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Didn't onemelia already do this with his system restore tool?

>>>Sent from my laptop running Windroy<<<

Phone: ZTE Valet Z665C
ROM: Stock
Kernel: 3.4.0-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
Android Version: 4.1.1
Recovery: Stock
----------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD
ROM: CyanogenMod 11
Kernel: hashcode@hashcode-ubb #1
Android Version: 4.4

Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.1

Want text message alerts via ADB? Click here!