5,599,478 Members 39,165 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root for AT&T Note 3 with new OTA update?

Tip us?

JunioRxIII
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Root for AT&T Note 3 with new OTA update?

i was wondering if anyone is making a root for the newest OTA update to the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Bulid Number- JSS15J.N900AUCUBMJ5

Don't want to use Kingo because it's not approved by XDA

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunioRxIII View Post
i was wondering if anyone is making a root for the newest OTA update to the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Bulid Number- JSS15J.N900AUCUBMJ5

Don't want to use Kingo because it's not approved by XDA
The original version of Kingo is not approved. The current version has no issues. I used it and many others have. If you are worried about sending out information, then any APP you have installed is a potential threat. They do not have to list all the requirements an app needs in the store.

If you download Kingo to your PC and start to install it there is a terms of service you have to agree to. In that TOS on line 5 the makers of Kings state they do not remove, copy, or send any data from your PC or device to be rooted.

That being said if they are found to be sending any sort of data or info then you can sue them for Violation of that term.

Kingo is the only safe and brick/mistake proof method for MJ5 right now and many of us have used it with no issues.

cjxjman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does Kingo trip the the KNOX flag? I really want to root this device and get rid of some of the bloatware on it. BUT since its only about 3 days old and I have a contract I don't want to make it un-replaceable if something else happens.

Also I read that 4.4 will be released... Ive been with ATT for years and have found them to be a bit slow on updates. Will we get 4.4 or not?

Thanks

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjxjman View Post
Does Kingo trip the the KNOX flag? I really want to root this device and get rid of some of the bloatware on it. BUT since its only about 3 days old and I have a contract I don't want to make it un-replaceable if something else happens.

Also I read that 4.4 will be released... Ive been with ATT for years and have found them to be a bit slow on updates. Will we get 4.4 or not?

Thanks
Kingo does not trip KNOX. It also has the ability to be unrooted by reconnecting to PC and unrooting or Go into SU on the phone and select unroot. Then the phone will be as though you never rooted it. I have confirmed this works on MJ5 as well.

As for 4.4, I doubt you will see it on the N3. Samsung likes to hold out for the next device for the new Android version. So if they make a Note 4 then 4.4 will be released to it. The only chance N3 users have for 4.4 is if the Bootloader is ever unlocked or use Safestrap once somebody makes a ROM based on KitKat.

mrkhigh
Old
Thanks Meter 94
I'd argue we Will see kitkat myself. This is the best att has right now IMHO. And of wager at lest one more major update.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

JunioRxIII
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yea I just wanted others input on Kingo and seeing how others have used it seems like it is the best way to go thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app