XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Change Baseband

Tip us?

hack14u
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Change Baseband

I seek the advice of the masters here, or really anyone who can answer, lol. ATT converted to Dev Edition, 4.4, S-Off, stock recovery, bootloader relocked to run the 4.3 Brightstar RUU. Okay, tried to use stock recovery to change radio back to the 4.3, gives error remote not allowed. Tried to sideload it, not happening either. Figured I need unlocked bootloader, which makes no sense since I am S-Off. Tried to use my .bin file to unlock again, nope, says it doesn't match. That's fine, well, not really, but I can re-run to get another one, but, am I missing something here? Do I need to re-unlock bootloader to change the radio, and do I have to do it with CWM, or TWRP instead of stock?

hack14u
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Well, it sure does require unlocked bootloader so that you can flash a radio zip using a custom recovery. Once I did that it worked fine, still can't figure out why I had to get another unlock code though, that is just strange. Anyhow, mod can close thread, I figured it out.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack14u View Post
Well, it sure does require unlocked bootloader so that you can flash a radio zip using a custom recovery. Once I did that it worked fine, still can't figure out why I had to get another unlock code though, that is just strange. Anyhow, mod can close thread, I figured it out.
FYI yes this is normal, you always need a new unlock code when your bootloader is locked again. Don't forget you can easily unlock bootloader without htcdev when you are s-off.
If I helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want me to reply, QUOTE me or mention me using @alray, otherwise don't expect any reply

Useful links for HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Return to stock for Canadian HTC One Users by SaHiLzZ (BELL, TELUS, ROGERS)
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hack14u
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
FYI yes this is normal, you always need a new unlock code when your bootloader is locked again. Don't forget you can easily unlock bootloader without htcdev when you are s-off.
Wow, this is news to me, how do you do that? And, I did not know that you need a new code each time, thanks for the info. I always thought it would be the same.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 647

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack14u View Post
Wow, this is news to me, how do you do that? And, I did not know that you need a new code each time, thanks for the info. I always thought it would be the same.
lock/unlock with s-off
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2475914
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate