system software not authorized by samsung message (SOLVED)

Search This thread

vk4559

Jul 14, 2010
can someone please please help me i tried to install odin on my phone, and now i have this "system software not authorized by samsung message" and i can not get into recovery or anything else it boots up to this yellow triangle with the message....can someone help me, i can get into odin mode but when i flash anything it boots up to the same yellow triangle with the system software not authorized screen everytime... please please someone help me...this is not my first go around with flashing or installing roms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ishmael89

Ophbalance

Jul 12, 2008
Your recovery partition has become corrupted. It's pretty easy to address. You can find Philz recovery in a tar format in the dev threads on here, which you then flash through ODIN, and you'll be able to continue rooting or whatever you were doing in the first place.

vk4559

Jul 14, 2010
Your recovery partition has become corrupted. It's pretty easy to address. You can find Philz recovery in a tar format in the dev threads on here, which you then flash through ODIN, and you'll be able to continue rooting or whatever you were doing in the first place.

i downloaded Philz recovery and flashed it odin and on reboot i still get the yellow triangle with system software not authorized by samsung message again....

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

BIGSAMDA1ST

Nov 29, 2012
Brooklyn,Ny..
Which build were you on? Just download whatever build you were on, put phone in download mode and flash that through Odin...That should get you back to stock.

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget...

vk4559

Jul 14, 2010
Which build were you on? Just download whatever build you were on, put phone in download mode and flash that through Odin...That should get you back to stock.

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget...

I will give that a try and see if that will go thru....i know that when I flash anything it says it pass on Odin and when I reboot it goes back to the screen

BIGSAMDA1ST

Nov 29, 2012
Brooklyn,Ny..
I will give that a try and see if that will go thru....i know that when I flash anything it says it pass on Odin and when I reboot it goes back to the screen

Just remember that if you updated to 4.3 there is no reverting back to anything lower than that.

vk4559

Jul 14, 2010
my question is this fixable from where i am at with the phone, i believe i was on 4.2.2 mk2 just had this phone for about a day so cant exactly remember i know it has a The Blu Kuban rom on it

BIGSAMDA1ST

Nov 29, 2012
Brooklyn,Ny..
Mk2 is 4.3 Go into settings > about phone/device and check what it is you are currently on.

vk4559

Jul 14, 2010
i can not boot into my homescreen or recovery im stuck at that yellow triangle with the error message...im going to find mk2 stock firmware and odin and see what i get

BIGSAMDA1ST

Nov 29, 2012
Brooklyn,Ny..
Duh..:eek: What was I thinking...lol The best bet is to go with the MK2 if thats what you strongly believe that you were last on..

vk4559

Jul 14, 2010
Duh..:eek: What was I thinking...lol The best bet is to go with the MK2 if thats what you strongly believe that you were last on..

OMG!!!! I got it working Odin back to MK2, now i cant get wifi im stock no root but thank you very much problem solved

Reactions: BIGSAMDA1ST

Ophbalance

Jul 12, 2008
OMG!!!! I got it working Odin back to MK2, now i cant get wifi im stock no root but thank you very much problem solved

There's a thread that contains all the modems/firmware somewhere in dev. Find the one with the MK2 modem and download it. At least, that's one of the common reasons for WiFi to stop working.

Ishmael89

Mar 3, 2013
OC, NJ
So I had this problem and and the solution ended up being pretty simple. After finding this thread along with other info I just followed the instructions in the OP of this thread. I was on stock 4.4.2, which I acquired via a regular ole OTA, and attempted to downgrade without doing any research (mainly because I had downgraded before with no problem, but it had been a while). So I got the "
System software not authorized by Samsung has been found on your phone.
" message.

So if you got the "System software..." message, it's probably because before you tried to do whatever it was you did (probably trying to flash to a version below 4.3...maybe it was something else entirely? I don't know you) you had 4.3 MK2 or 4.4 NAE through OTA and, therefore, had the Knox bootloader. The solution for me was to ODIN flash a .tar of the version I was on before I bricked the phone.

Again, here's the link to the thread I followed with stock 4.4.2 NAE. The OP warns that you'll get the Knox bootloader if you flash it, but if you have the "System software" problem, you have already have Knox. It will also wipe all data from your phone.

And the link to the directory mentioned by the above poster.

So I posted this to summarize the solution to this problem...because I over-complicated it and took a while to figure it out. And hopefully to make search results of the problem easier to find.

Summary of the summary: ODIN flash a TAR of the version you had before things went awry; there are basically only two choices: MK2 and NAE. Hope this helps :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

can someone please please help me i tried to install odin on my phone, and now i have this "system software not authorized by samsung message" and i can not get into recovery or anything else it boots up to this yellow triangle with the message....can someone help me, i can get into odin mode but when i flash anything it boots up to the same yellow triangle with the system software not authorized screen everytime... please please someone help me...this is not my first go around with flashing or installing roms.

There's a thread that contains all the modems/firmware somewhere in dev. Find the one with the MK2 modem and download it. At least, that's one of the common reasons for WiFi to stop working.