XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] File Manager Mount r/w

Tip us?

chagmaier
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] File Manager Mount r/w

Ok, so, I am a bit of a noob to tablets and linux in general. I ran a linux desktop for a few years with minimal terminal exposure. I got the new HP slate 7 1800 for Christmas, and proceeded to root it. I had success with the TwerkMyMoto exploit. RootChecker has verified the root job a success.

My only complaint with this tablet is that with the TeamViewer app, I cannot access my external SD card. I understand that this type of issue is a complaint of many. I assumed it was a permissions issue, and according to some other threads, I was correct. Modifying /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml should require / to be remounted r/w. I have SuperSU installed, and using FX Explorer with Root addon, I can't seem to get the remount accomplished. Can anyone make a recommendation?

Also, BusyBox Free is installed to /system/xbin. After installation, can the App be uninstalled?

Thanks

wantabe
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by chagmaier View Post
Ok, so, I am a bit of a noob to tablets and linux in general. I ran a linux desktop for a few years with minimal terminal exposure. I got the new HP slate 7 1800 for Christmas, and proceeded to root it. I had success with the TwerkMyMoto exploit. RootChecker has verified the root job a success.

My only complaint with this tablet is that with the TeamViewer app, I cannot access my external SD card. I understand that this type of issue is a complaint of many. I assumed it was a permissions issue, and according to some other threads, I was correct. Modifying /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml should require / to be remounted r/w. I have SuperSU installed, and using FX Explorer with Root addon, I can't seem to get the remount accomplished. Can anyone make a recommendation?

Also, BusyBox Free is installed to /system/xbin. After installation, can the App be uninstalled?

Thanks
After you install busybox you can uninstall the app if you want. Can't help you with FX Explorer, I've never used it. I've always used Root Explorer and at the top of that app is a button to change from r/o to r/w.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-01-10-28-40.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	2487791  
"Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"

AT&T HTC One X - 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ElementalX
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
Nexus 4 8GB-Moved to Better Home!
Nexus 7 16GB-Moved to Better Home!.
Nexus 7 32GB-Moved to Better Home!
The Following User Says Thank You to wantabe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chagmaier
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantabe View Post
After you install busybox you can uninstall the app if you want. Can't help you with FX Explorer, I've never used it. I've always used Root Explorer and at the top of that app is a button to change from r/o to r/w.
Thanks! Root Explorer actually changes r/w. Let the editing begin!

wantabe
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by chagmaier View Post
Thanks! Root Explorer actually changes r/w. Let the editing begin!
make a backup if you have a custom recovery installed.
"Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"

AT&T HTC One X - 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ElementalX
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
Nexus 4 8GB-Moved to Better Home!
Nexus 7 16GB-Moved to Better Home!.
Nexus 7 32GB-Moved to Better Home!