XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need help: easy way to root Xperia-V keeping stock firmware 9.1.A.1.140

Tip us?

xbmcg
Old
(Last edited by xbmcg; 28th December 2013 at 11:50 AM.) Reason: FW Update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sign [Q] need help: easy way to root Xperia-V keeping stock firmware 9.1.A.1.140

Hi there,

may be there are already the right answers around hidden in some threads,
I am pretty unsure if the described ways will work with locked boot-loader
and keep all functions of the phone up and running.

Sorry, if I ask stupid questions, I am a noob regarding android phones and the
tricks to get su on the phone.

My firmware is:

Build-Number 9.1.A.1.140
Kernel-Version: 3.4.0-1731-g5b052b2-00811-g8c0b35e
BuildUser@BuildHost) )
#1 SMP PREEMPT Tue mar 19 12:47:46 2013

Baseband-Version
8960A-AAAAANAZQ-3003032-47

Android-Version

Xperia V - Germany

Is there a way to backup everything (whole firmware) first, before starting experimenting?
I don't care about losing custom settings / user data, but I want to make sure I can revert
everything to original settings, if something wents wrong. (I have made a reset / fw-update with SUS)

I read some of the threads, but hesitate to flash the firmware, because there were issues
reported with not working WLAN, battery problems etc. after flashing, so I want to make sure,
the result will be just the same as it is now, but with root privileges....

I am also not really aware of the differences between Singapore / Nordic / German
stock rom's and what implicaions they may have regarding support of the different LTE / GSM etc. protocols....

Also unlocking / relocking of the bootloader is not an big issue, I think, I would prefer
to not mess around with it, if not absolutely necessary or easier to get the desired result.

Thank you very much for giving me some directions / how-to's to get just root on my phone.

trickymoon
Old
(Last edited by trickymoon; 28th December 2013 at 11:36 PM.) Reason: edit of link
Thanks Meter 3
i think you need this: root many android
The Following User Says Thank You to trickymoon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WhiteNeo
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmcg View Post
Hi there,

may be there are already the right answers around hidden in some threads,
I am pretty unsure if the described ways will work with locked boot-loader
and keep all functions of the phone up and running.

Sorry, if I ask stupid questions, I am a noob regarding android phones and the
tricks to get su on the phone.

My firmware is:

Build-Number 9.1.A.1.140
Kernel-Version: 3.4.0-1731-g5b052b2-00811-g8c0b35e
BuildUser@BuildHost) )

Baseband-Version

Android-Version

Xperia V - Germany

Is there a way to backup everything (whole firmware) first, before starting experimenting?
I don't care about losing custom settings / user data, but I want to make sure I can revert
everything to original settings, if something wents wrong. (I have made a reset / fw-update with SUS)

I read some of the threads, but hesitate to flash the firmware, because there were issues
reported with not working WLAN, battery problems etc. after flashing, so I want to make sure,
the result will be just the same as it is now, but with root privileges....

I am also not really aware of the differences between Singapore / Nordic / German
stock rom's and what implicaions they may have regarding support of the different LTE / GSM etc. protocols....

Also unlocking / relocking of the bootloader is not an big issue, I think, I would prefer
to not mess around with it, if not absolutely necessary or easier to get the desired result.

Thank you very much for giving me some directions / how-to's to get just root on my phone.

Root with the link given in the past above.. Then install CWM for locked bootloaders.. Then do a backup, and you're on the safe side

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteNeo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xbmcg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Thanks!

Thanks,

worked like a charm! The only issue was to find and install a working adb-driver for my win7(x64).

xbmcg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question What is the right CWM for the Xperia V 9.1.A.1.140?

Hallo again,

sorry for my stupid questions, you point me to the CWM for locked bootloaders and I would like to install it on my xperia V,
however there are many different threads regarding this, and I do not find yet the right one for my phone / software version.

Which one would do the trick?

Code:
My firmware is:

Build-Number 9.1.A.1.140
Kernel-Version: 3.4.0-1731-g5b052b2-00811-g8c0b35e BuildUser@BuildHost) )

Baseband-Version

Android-Version

Xperia V
Thank you for the great work and for your hints.

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 120
I understand what you mean. For the seniors here many things are clear as glass, but for a noob the many versions of an app such as CWM is totally confusing. And very hard to find anyway. Contact me and I will send you the CWM Recovery that I am using for my V. It works 100 % safe and stabil like a Merkel. A really essential part of Android, IMO, and one of the very first things to do.
"I don't think we need comments/discussions on rules/guidelines."