XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need some help

Tip us?

dano1282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default Need some help

in this thread here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=baseband) is a thread about flashing a new baseband. I need to know if someone can pull the baseband from 12.15.15.

heres the situation. I received a replacement device from Verizon today as the camera on my current maxx keeps failing to initialize (low and behold as soon as the new phone arrives, the old one starts working LOL)

Any who..i wanted to root the phone and then update to 4.4 and since this phone shipped with 4.2.2 i figured why not try Jcase's methods.

Soooooo i made the mistake of using House of Moto and flashing the 12.15.15 firmware over top of the current OS instead of flashing the update file. Big MISTAKE. the phone booted and was fine..except no radio. no signal. baseband was missing. completely. sooo i decided to do a factory reset. now the phone wouldn't go past the activation screen. So i searched out the forums and found the thread above. but I believe the baseband is for the MotoX and the revert that is posted is for 12.7.7.. either way..the flash was successful and the phone boots and runs fine.. However..upon trying to upgrade to 4.4 it gives me an error message about the modem having unknown contents. Which leads me to believe that the baseband i reverted to is the 12.7.7 not the one for 12.15.15. Now the phone goes right to AP Fastboot and says 'Partition (boot) Security Version Downgraded. If i can flash the correct modem files, i can then try and reapply the update. Im going to see if i can FXZ back to 12.15.15 again. but who knows if it'll work

Can anyone help me?

bigv5150
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano1282 View Post
in this thread here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=baseband) is a thread about flashing a new baseband. I need to know if someone can pull the baseband from 12.15.15.

heres the situation. I received a replacement device from Verizon today as the camera on my current maxx keeps failing to initialize (low and behold as soon as the new phone arrives, the old one starts working LOL)

Any who..i wanted to root the phone and then update to 4.4 and since this phone shipped with 4.2.2 i figured why not try Jcase's methods.

Soooooo i made the mistake of using House of Moto and flashing the 12.15.15 firmware over top of the current OS instead of flashing the update file. Big MISTAKE. the phone booted and was fine..except no radio. no signal. baseband was missing. completely. sooo i decided to do a factory reset. now the phone wouldn't go past the activation screen. So i searched out the forums and found the thread above. but I believe the baseband is for the MotoX and the revert that is posted is for 12.7.7.. either way..the flash was successful and the phone boots and runs fine.. However..upon trying to upgrade to 4.4 it gives me an error message about the modem having unknown contents. Which leads me to believe that the baseband i reverted to is the 12.7.7 not the one for 12.15.15. Now the phone goes right to AP Fastboot and says 'Partition (boot) Security Version Downgraded. If i can flash the correct modem files, i can then try and reapply the update. Im going to see if i can FXZ back to 12.15.15 again. but who knows if it'll work

Can anyone help me?
Try the fxz it should work it will reset everything.

dano1282
Old
(Last edited by dano1282; 31st December 2013 at 11:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv5150 View Post
Try the fxz it should work it will reset everything.
tried to FXZ to 12.15.15 but because the recovery has been updated to 4.4 recovery...it won't fxz. still gives me the security version downgrade error. Looks like i might have to wait until the FXZ for 4.4 comes out for the Maxx

And..(for now) the camera in my other maxx is working LOL sooo i just throw my sim back in that one for the time being. Hopefully the camera doesn't fail again.

BladeRunner
Old
(Last edited by BladeRunner; 1st January 2014 at 02:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano1282 View Post
tried to FXZ to 12.15.15 but because the recovery has been updated to 4.4 recovery...it won't fxz. still gives me the security version downgrade error. Looks like i might have to wait until the FXZ for 4.4 comes out for the Maxx

And..(for now) the camera in my other maxx is working LOL sooo i just throw my sim back in that one for the time being. Hopefully the camera doesn't fail again.
there's and FXZ for 4.4 floating around here somewhere

Edit: and here it is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/om9j3iys8em3ccf/2r5u7m-h4d
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BladeRunner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dano1282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
I have to go to work.. But I will download when I come home. I hope this works lol

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

dano1282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner View Post
there's and FXZ for 4.4 floating around here somewhere

Edit: and here it is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/om9j3iys8em3ccf/2r5u7m-h4d
Thanks for that link man. I downloaded the file while i was at work..and used Fastboot to manually flash the entire OS completely. Phone is 100% up and running again.. AND!! The camera works!!