5,596,179 Members 34,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rezound drained completely. No longer boots. Any way to trigger boot via CLI?

Tip us?

Codaraxis
Old
(Last edited by Codaraxis; 31st December 2013 at 08:44 PM.) Reason: Added one more link to the viewed links section and changed links to thread titles.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rezound drained completely. No longer boots. Any way to trigger boot via CLI?

I made the mistake of letting my HTC Rezound fully drain a few weeks ago. It hasnít booted since then. It is rooted and S-OFFed, running Amon Ra recovery and the Tron 2.0 ROM. Power light wonít do more than blink a few times after itís plugged in, and the phone wonít charge the battery. I used an external charger and even bough a spare just in case the original had gone bad. Same effect, except when I try to power it on with a fully charged battery: now, the green HTC on a white background, as if itís actually booting, will briefly appear before it shuts off again. Trying to power it on a second time without first recharging the battery to full in the wall charger produces no result.

The device does show up under adb devices when plugged in. The problem is that itís listed as offline. Any commands I send it return with error: device offline . It does not appear at all when I call for a fastboot devices listing.

Is it dead as dead can be or is there something else to be tried? This is likely just hopeful delusion, but I feel that if I could just send it a signal to boot that itíd recognize in offline mode, itíd start. Completely ungrounded belief though, hence why Iím inclined to relegate it to the category of delusions.

Iíve already looked through the following threads for solutions and none worked.
[GUIDE]You've discharged your Rezound and it won't power on. Now what?
[POLL] Dead battery / Powered off inability to charge issue (UPDATE #4!) {Solved!}
[Q] Rezound won't turn on at all, or boot. HELP
Rezound Won't Turn On

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1148

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codaraxis View Post
I made the mistake of letting my HTC Rezound fully drain a few weeks ago. It hasnít booted since then. It is rooted and S-OFFed, running Amon Ra recovery and the Tron 2.0 ROM. Power light wonít do more than blink a few times after itís plugged in, and the phone wonít charge the battery. I used an external charger and even bough a spare just in case the original had gone bad. Same effect, except when I try to power it on with a fully charged battery: now, the green HTC on a white background, as if itís actually booting, will briefly appear before it shuts off again. Trying to power it on a second time without first recharging the battery to full in the wall charger produces no result.

The device does show up under adb devices when plugged in. The problem is that itís listed as offline. Any commands I send it return with error: device offline . It does not appear at all when I call for a fastboot devices listing.

Is it dead as dead can be or is there something else to be tried? This is likely just hopeful delusion, but I feel that if I could just send it a signal to boot that itíd recognize in offline mode, itíd start. Completely ungrounded belief though, hence why Iím inclined to relegate it to the category of delusions.

Iíve already looked through the following threads for solutions and none worked.
[GUIDE]You've discharged your Rezound and it won't power on. Now what?
[POLL] Dead battery / Powered off inability to charge issue (UPDATE #4!) {Solved!}
[Q] Rezound won't turn on at all, or boot. HELP
Rezound Won't Turn On
since you ARE s-off your best bet is to run ann ruu.exe from my downgrade upgrade guide.....should fix your issue
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them