XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keyboards

Tip us?

dakoop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Keyboards

I can't seem to find a good one. I like to Swype and type both and haven't been able to find one that is good at both. Hoping someone has a well kept secret of keyboard knowledge.

Tried:
Swiftkey
Swype
Kii
Touchpal
Stock Google
Stock Samsung

And probably others

nightfishing
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I cycle between Google/Swiftkey and Thumb Keyboard

If swype+type is your main criteria my opinion is that Google Keyboard is as good as any of the options out there and is progressively getting better every update.

As a long time pro/beta user, I want SwifKey to be my default, but I always end up back with ThumbKeyboard.

It has the best split keyboard layouts and an indispensable row of user mappable keys.

As much as I like the other two, I find I miss the custom keys too much to offset the features of the others

One thing to keep in mind is each one is going to "feel" a bit different (spacing, heat maps etc). Spending a week with a keyboard will tell you more than a quick tryout will ( I speak from experience LOL)

In the end they are all good and in development, so it really just comes down to user preference.
The Following User Says Thank You to nightfishing For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dakoop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Sick Google has gotten better but no prettier