5,596,066 Members 33,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Emergency! NEED HELP IMEDIATELY!!

Tip us?

roflcopter1212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Emergency! NEED HELP IMEDIATELY!!

Ok so how do I start this? Well I got an htc one for christmas and I wanted to root it. Everything was fine until I decided to flash a custom kit kat rom. The rom was stuck in a boot loop so I went back to twrp and flashed my recovery. I thought I fixed everything but then I stopped getting phone service. It kept saying looking for service. I thought it was a bad recovery so I downloaded cm from rom manager. While it was downloading, the phone just randomly rebooted. It kept doing this and still is.so then, being the idiot I am, flashed clockwork recovery to see if it would change anything. I tried downloading cm from rom manager again and finally finished downloading before it started rebooting again. I went into clockwork recovery and flashed cm and now it keeps rebooting and I have no phone service. I have no idea what to do. By switching from twrp to clockwork, I lost my recovery. Im totally screwed. I need help please!What do I do!!!!????

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7047

DONATE TO ME
Run an RUU to fix and only flash roms that are made for Sprint or have Sprint support.
Sounds like you flashed a GSM rom that's why everything is jacked up.

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

roflcopter1212
Old
(Last edited by roflcopter1212; 1st January 2014 at 09:26 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Run an RUU to fix and only flash roms that are made for Sprint or have Sprint support.
Thanks a bunch! I'll check this out and see if it works

BD619
Old
(Last edited by BD619; 1st January 2014 at 09:22 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7047

DONATE TO ME
Rom Update Utility
It will get you back to 100% stock
If you need help PM me I'll be happy to help

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davidwritesmusic
Old
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflcopter1212 View Post
Ok so how do I start this? Well I got an htc one for christmas and I wanted to root it. Everything was fine until I decided to flash a custom kit kat rom. The rom was stuck in a boot loop so I went back to twrp and flashed my recovery. I thought I fixed everything but then I stopped getting phone service. It kept saying looking for service. I thought it was a bad recovery so I downloaded cm from rom manager. While it was downloading, the phone just randomly rebooted. It kept doing this and still is.so then, being the idiot I am, flashed clockwork recovery to see if it would change anything. I tried downloading cm from rom manager again and finally finished downloading before it started rebooting again. I went into clockwork recovery and flashed cm and now it keeps rebooting and I have no phone service. I have no idea what to do. By switching from twrp to clockwork, I lost my recovery. Im totally screwed. I need help please!What do I do!!!!????
Try this tutorial from BD619 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=tutorial

roflcopter1212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thanks a bunch! I'll check this out and see if it works
I tried it with your tut. but when I try to reboot into RUU it says fastboot isnt a valid win. 32bit application. What now?

roflcopter1212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
I put in the failed 90 hboot.... command and it says its an invalid command

tdhite
Old
(Last edited by tdhite; 2nd January 2014 at 01:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1492

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I put in the failed 90 hboot.... command and it says its an invalid command
You *have* to get your Android SDK setup properly. All the commands your run end up on "command not found" of "invalid exe" and that suggests a few things:

First -- make *sure* you install the correct SDK for your computer. If you can't find them, let us know what your computer is (32-bit, 64-bit, windows, etc.). Further, it seem possible:

1) You did not yet install the Android SDK (or ADT bundle if that's what you grab);

2) If just the SDK, you did not run the 'android' app and let it update all the platform-tools apps (that's adb, fastboot, etc);

3) You did not open a command shell in the <sdk>/platform-tools directory, or you did not add your <sdk>/tools and <sdk>/platform-tools to your path. Further:

Finally -- make sure you have your USB drivers loaded if you're using Windows.

Don't run 300 miles per hour trying to fix things -- it'll kill your phone. Relax, take a breath and get the SDK setup. That will solve most of your problems (if not all). At least that's what it looks like from afar.

Before you run any of the RUU, you should be able to type either of:

adb devices

or

fastboot devices

The latter works only when you are at the bootloader with your USB plugged in and you selected 'fastboot'; the former runs only when your phone is booted fully.

weidnerj
Old
Thanks Meter 45
The Sprint 3.05.651.5 RUU is available here: http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-sprint/news/ (Install at your own risk!)