[Q] Unable to flash any files

Tip us?

Devildoc99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Unable to flash any files

Happy New Year!

I was flashing 4.4.2 last nite using fastboot commands. All was well until, on last file which was system.img. During this flash, it seemed to just hang there. Then, unexpectedly, while waiting things out, I got a BSOD and had to reboot the pc. Now, I cannot flash anything. I can boot the Nexus into bootloader ok, but it just stays there. Cannot boot into recovery, it just goes back to bootloader. I can use fastboot to reboot, flash cache and userdata, but not recovery.img or bootloader-xxx-xxx.img or system.img or boot.img. It just hangs.

How can I reformat or get a recovery or system image onto my Nexus? Hopefully the answer doesn't include advice such as putting it under my car tire.....

Thanks

Devildoc99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Brrrr ......sure is cold out here.......all alone 'n such.

Devildoc99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I'm happy to report that my problem has solved itself.
After spending all morning trying to solve my issues, I decided to give up for now and powered down the now useless tablet.
This evening, after seeing ( disappointedly) no replies to my thread, I decided to try one more time. For inexplicable reasons, it all worked. I was able to successfully flash all image files using fastboot. Why it decided to work this time and not before remains a mystery to me. I did nothing different that I could tell. Same commands, same sequence etc.
After flashing system.img, I rebooted the device and viola, 4.4.2 kitkat is in the house!
The BSOD I discover, was due to CPU overheating, reaching temps up around 60 C.
I really don't know what effect or impact that might have had on my problems. I'll need a higher IQ to sort that one out. Whatever, problem gone.

I wish everyone a happy new year.