XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

V Strike watch

Tip us?

jimlivingston
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default V Strike watch

While I impatiently wait for my Omate TS, I have been poking around for an alternative. I have simple requirements (at least I thought so) that I would like: GPS, Bluetooth, and the ability to run Android apps. You see, I really just want an Endomondo watch. Enter the V Strike.

It looks very similar to the IM Watch, but includes GPS and 2G GSM (850/900/1800/1900MHz). The selling point is $213, direct from China - of course.

www.chinavasion.com/kixe/

Thoughts?

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 863
Why not the ZGPAX S5 then. Dual core as welll 1Ghz, 512MB Ram, 4GB internal with external SD card an SIM card slots. And cheaper
I got mine from ebay for $150 shipped USA seller.
I posted some videos of it running MAME emulator with a PS3 controller even.
It also runs FPSE and even the dreamcast one (textures are not correct for some things)...pretty impressive but notifications are not done...just promises so far...
Regards

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

jimlivingston
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
Why not the ZGPAX S5 then. Dual core as welll 1Ghz, 512MB Ram, 4GB internal with external SD card an SIM card slots. And cheaper
I got mine from ebay for $150 shipped USA seller.
I posted some videos of it running MAME emulator with a PS3 controller even.
It also runs FPSE and even the dreamcast one (textures are not correct for some things)...pretty impressive but notifications are not done...just promises so far...
Regards
Two reasons: that ugly camera and branding.

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 863
mmmm yeah like that one you linked to above (and most of the others on this forum area) is a world renowned brand...unless you are going with Sony, Samsung, or similar , your point is mute...but whatever...good luck in your quest.

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

jimlivingston
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
mmmm yeah like that one you linked to above (and most of the others on this forum area) is a world renowned brand...unless you are going with Sony, Samsung, or similar , your point is mute...but whatever...good luck in your quest.
I didn't mean as much as who made it, rather the placement of the brand on the front of the watch. At this point, they all seem to be Chinese Factory developed watches.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3089

DONATE TO ME
It is yet another EC-308 rebrand and not even an EC-309 so no 3G or HSPA+.

jimlivingston
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
That is good information. I do not care about 2G v 3G. I want GPS, Bluetooth (for the HRM) and the ability to run Endomondo. From the looks of it, the 308 would be fine for me. At least until the unicorn that is the TS arrives.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3089

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlivingston View Post
That is good information. I do not care about 2G v 3G. I want GPS, Bluetooth (for the HRM) and the ability to run Endomondo. From the looks of it, the 308 would be fine for me. At least until the unicorn that is the TS arrives.
If you are not looking for a stand alone cellular smartwatch then the SmartQ Z would be a better choice. Newer Android version, BT 4.0, water resistant and is less than half the price. I'd say hit up the SmartQ thread and see if somebody will test some apps for you.

jimlivingston
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
If only it had GPS for my runs.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KOAO
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Hold The Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlivingston View Post
If only it had GPS for my runs.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I didn't test this myself, however, someone in the SMartQ thread says that the watch INDEED has GPS. Even though its not Advertised. Though don't quote me on that.