5,598,718 Members 36,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Sound what so ever. No calls, incoming and outgoing. No Video.

Tip us?

DjEvictor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No Sound what so ever. No calls, incoming and outgoing. No Video.

Hello. Before I explain, please know I have been moddng and installing custom firmwares on devices for many years now. This is no simple fix. I have no idea how to solve this but I will post everything I did to get the issue and then everything I did trying to fix it to no avail.

Samsung S4 Canadian phone from Bell.

CM 10.2 firmware.

Upgraded the Nightly on Dec. 23rd 2013

After the reboot, I noticed that when I tried to play MP3's, they would not play, it just skipped through all of them.

Putting new MP3's on the card did not help. Neither did putting MP3's on the phone it's self.

I noticed that the phone was making no sounds what so ever. My morning alarm did not go off.

I received a phone call. Phone crashed. Tried to place phone call, screen goes blank, phone crashes. Also learned that any app that utilizes sound crashes.

Tried the obvious fix, restored phone from restore made before the Nightly install.

No sound, no phone. No video.

Installed all previous CM backups (15 in total)

No sound, No phone, no video.

Factory reset.

Fresh Install.

Re flashed TWRP

Flashed CM Recovery.

Went through ALL previous backups. (32 in total before CM was installed on phone)

Flashed to stock ROM from a same ROM that has worked previously.

Used KIES (or however its spelled) to update phone to newest legit firmware.

No sound, No phone, no video. Also no Wi-Fi. seandroid kernal notice does disappear however upon boot.

Factory reset from Samsung native recovery.

No sound, No phone, no video. No Wi-Fi

I have to admit, this is the first issue ever I have not been able to fix or find an answer too after extensive hunting on Google or through these forms. I can guarentee that this is not a hardware issue, this only happened after flashing the CM Nightly on Dec 23rd 2013. I am at a total loss.

Any suggestions? Any fix before I reflash back to stock, update and bring it in to Bell? ( so happy I pay the extra monthly for insurance

DjEvictor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjEvictor View Post
Hello. Before I explain, please know I have been moddng and installing custom firmwares on devices for many years now. This is no simple fix. I have no idea how to solve this but I will post everything I did to get the issue and then everything I did trying to fix it to no avail.

Samsung S4 Canadian phone from Bell.

CM 10.2 firmware.

Upgraded the Nightly on Dec. 23rd 2013

After the reboot, I noticed that when I tried to play MP3's, they would not play, it just skipped through all of them.

Putting new MP3's on the card did not help. Neither did putting MP3's on the phone it's self.

I noticed that the phone was making no sounds what so ever. My morning alarm did not go off.

I received a phone call. Phone crashed. Tried to place phone call, screen goes blank, phone crashes. Also learned that any app that utilizes sound crashes.

Tried the obvious fix, restored phone from restore made before the Nightly install.

No sound, no phone. No video.

Installed all previous CM backups (15 in total)

Factory reset.

Fresh Install.

Re flashed TWRP

Flashed CM Recovery.

Went through ALL previous backups. (32 in total before CM was installed on phone)

Flashed to stock ROM from a same ROM that has worked previously.

Used KIES (or however its spelled) to update phone to newest legit firmware.

No sound, No phone, no video. Also no Wi-Fi. seandroid kernal notice does disappear however upon boot.

Factory reset from Samsung native recovery.

No sound, No phone, no video. No Wi-Fi

I have to admit, this is the first issue ever I have not been able to fix or find an answer too after extensive hunting on Google or through these forms. I can guarentee that this is not a hardware issue, this only happened after flashing the CM Nightly on Dec 23rd 2013. I am at a total loss.

Any suggestions? Any fix before I reflash back to stock, update and bring it in to Bell? ( so happy I pay the extra monthly for insurance

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1970

DONATE TO ME
Similar thing happened to me. I had to Odin MDL and start from complete scratch. That was the only thing that fixed it after 6 backups and a complete reinstall.

You might also check that your speaker contacts are connected properly if you are comfortable take the device apart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...

HORiZUN
Old
Thanks Meter 132
I also had this issue, so did a friend of mine. Both of us had to flash back to stock to fix it. No idea why it happened or what caused it. Odin fixed it, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Galaxy S4 | MDL, Unlocked, TWRP, Hyperdrive 13
Transformer Prime | Unlocked, NvFlash, TWRP, CM 11
Nook Tablet | Cyanoboot, TWRP, Rescue SD, CM 11
HP 4540s | Hackintosh, OSX 10.9.1/Windows 8, 2TB, 8GB
iPad 4 Retina | iOS 7.0.4, Jailbroken / Wife's iPhone 5c | Stock
Xbox 360 | LT+FW / PS3 | 4.46 CFW, 1TB / PSP | 6.60 CFW