[Q] please help... i9000 boot loop (i think)

Search This thread

ali9807274

Jan 1, 2014
hi,
i think im in a boot loop with my i9000 samsung galaxy S
here is what ive done so far (trying to install cm 11 nightly dec 29th rom)
-boot into recouvery using rom installer(cm recovery mode) play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.rom.installer . i could not boot into recovery any other way(not even hard via 3 button combo,like i did first time,to get my cm 10)
-wipe data and cache
-wipe devike cache
-wipe devike cache
-wipe data and cache
-attempt to install the cm11 nightly rom (rom installed failed... statue 7 :confused: ) (this one i transferred manually from pc)
-attempt to install the cm11 nightly rom (rom installed failed... statue 7 :eek: ) (this one was in a cm update foulder on my sd card (downloaded from about phone-cyanogenmod mod-update)
so since thouse two failed i decided to quit and install the cm 10 i was using before ( i did not flash any thing else like a update file,super SU, or even Gapps
-then i rebooted phone and it will not go past the CM screen

from what a got from google i should have wiped date/cache and dalvik cache before installing
by the way i try booting in the recouvery via CM's app but it was not working so i download
TPB /torrent/7872433/ROM_Manager_Premium_v5.0.2.7_ROOTED_DEVICES_ONLY_AnDrOiD
then i used the rom installer app(i mentioned before) and i booted into recovery

and i still get getting to recovery manually

i can figure you how to use odin... my phone doesn't get recognized and i have NEVER BEEN ABLE TO CONNECT MY PHONE WITH A PC

please help

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
hi,
i can figure you how to use odin... my phone doesn't get recognized and i have NEVER BEEN ABLE TO CONNECT MY PHONE WITH A PC
First you have not mentioned from what base ROM (build) where you trying to install CM11?
Second ROM Manger app, is not compatible with i9000 and you need a higher version of CWM recovery to install CM11
Third the attached images are too poor to view.

Anyway, status 7 means :-

One or some of the prerequisite requirement for the needed upgrade is missing or corrupted . So you may need to identify and replace that requirement for the installation to continue. Most likely could be due to wrong bootloader, wrong CWM, Wrong IMEI, Wrong Radio etc ( From My Android Solution, link below)

So most likely its the CWM, in your case.

Second you can fix your USB Connection problem, Combo keys problem, CWM Problem by carefully following this guide and links inside

Reactions: ali9807274

ali9807274

Jan 1, 2014
i have a i9000m not a i9000, sorry my bad

what can i do, to be able to reflash the cm 10.2 i was using before?

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
use i9000M ugkg3 gingerbread ROM and ugkg3 rooting kernel from My Android collection, link below under recovery kits and flash sameas the guide given to you earlier than follow same guide to flash ICS first than Jelly Bean after that ( you can follow exact flashing procedure).

only ROM and kernel use UGKG3, meant for i9000M

Reactions: ali9807274

arel12k

Jul 18, 2013
dont getting stress!!

stay calm, just flash a rom stock.
i just happend same thing. good day ;)

Dazed Blazer

Jan 3, 2014
Flash stock ROM on via Odin. (Google how )

Root again.

Install the newest compatible CWM.

Then do your ROM again.

That should do it, it did mine.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388746650456.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388746650456.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388746661829.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388746661829.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi,
    First you have not mentioned from what base ROM (build) where you trying to install CM11?
    Second ROM Manger app, is not compatible with i9000 and you need a higher version of CWM recovery to install CM11
    Third the attached images are too poor to view.

Anyway, status 7 means :-

One or some of the prerequisite requirement for the needed upgrade is missing or corrupted . So you may need to identify and replace that requirement for the installation to continue. Most likely could be due to wrong bootloader, wrong CWM, Wrong IMEI, Wrong Radio etc ( From My Android Solution, link below)

So most likely its the CWM, in your case.

Second you can fix your USB Connection problem, Combo keys problem, CWM Problem by carefully following this guide and links inside

use i9000M ugkg3 gingerbread ROM and ugkg3 rooting kernel from My Android collection, link below under recovery kits and flash sameas the guide given to you earlier than follow same guide to flash ICS first than Jelly Bean after that ( you can follow exact flashing procedure).

only ROM and kernel use UGKG3, meant for i9000M