50% of the time the other user can't hear me and phone says 'Dialing'

Search This thread

SGS2X

Nov 12, 2011
Toronto
Alright so I've had this problem with my S4 ever since I got it, been too lazy to find a solution but now I'm getting really annoyed. About half the time when I make a call, I can hear the other person clearly but they cannot hear me at all. When I look at the phone, it still says 'Dialing..." instead of 00:01 etc . I don't think this ever happens when the other person calls me but im not sure.. maybe it does but definitely not as frequently as when I initiate the call.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? I'm on Rogers btw and usually have full bars when this happens.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Sounds like a carrier issue... They may need to reset your device on the network or swap out your SIM card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

You may try updating your ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
Alright so I've had this problem with my S4 ever since I got it, been too lazy to find a solution but now I'm getting really annoyed. About half the time when I make a call, I can hear the other person clearly but they cannot hear me at all. When I look at the phone, it still says 'Dialing..." instead of 00:01 etc . I don't think this ever happens when the other person calls me but im not sure.. maybe it does but definitely not as frequently as when I initiate the call.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? I'm on Rogers btw and usually have full bars when this happens.

Not that this really helps, but when I used to work for AT&T, we had a problem exactly like that in the area which I worked. It was random and on all types of phones.

Personally sounds like a local network issue to me.