XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sideloading apps from Mac

Tip us?

pman1891
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Sideloading apps from Mac

I can't find instructions on how to side load apps from OS X to my Nook Simple Touch. I rooted it using these instructions. I also installed NTGAppsAttack but it took me a while before I could log into Google and get it working. Now that it's working it doesn't seem to do much since I can't search the Google Market (probably because I can't side load apps).

First, I'm trying to install the Kindle App that I got from here. I downloaded the Android tools, but when I try to run ADB, it seems that the device isn't connected:

$ ./adb install ~/Downloads/Kindle_3.3.1.1.apk
error: device not found
- waiting for device -

I thought maybe I could load the .apk file in the Finder. There isn't enough room for me to load it onto the NookManager partition (only 8 MB free) so I put it in the My Files/Documents folder of the NOOK partition. However I can't seem to find that location using the ReLaunch app. It won't let me out of the sdcard directory.

I also tried launching ADB Konnect on the device and it tells me "Root Access Denied!"

Is it possible to install apps via SSH? I can't figure out how to get SSH running.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Renate NST
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 708
No idea about Macs, but for USB you will have to modify ~/.android/adb_usb.ini
Nook is not a "known" Android.
Code:
0x2080
If your root uses ADB over WiFi that would work too.