5,604,686 Members 36,001 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Rush: Boot Animation Issue?

Tip us?

Lv99Kelolon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Galaxy Rush: Boot Animation Issue?

Hi, I'm new here. :P

So I've got kind of a funny problem.

It involves my root system folder.

I neglected to make a back-up in my haste to make a custom boot animation for my Samsung Galaxy Rush.

It had .qmg format for the files so I flashed a zip that I believed would allow me to easily install a new boot animation.

But something kind of strange happened. The mod worked, but not in the way you'd expect. A few hours before I installed the mod I purchased Rom Toolbox Pro that has Boot Animations included with it. I tried to install one that I thought was nice before I realized that it was specifically for an HTC Eris. Luckily for me, the install failed from the app, so I was left with the same old Boost Mobile animation on start-up. Funny thing though, is I found a few more appropriate boot animations in the same app that I'd prefer and they also failed to install. Although I believe the Eris one was my first attempt.

So then I install bootanimation4U, from a developer on this site, and much to my chagrin, instead of the bootanimation.zip I put into my system > media folder, the HTC Eris boot animation showed up upon restart instead.

Can anyone explain this?

Or at least inform me on how to return my boot animation back to normal?

iwjosi
Old
Thanks Meter 12
just flash the stockrom to return to the normal boot animatian
Current Devices :

Samsung Galaxy W (Ancora)
Rom : CyanogenMod 11.0
Kernel : stock
Recovery : CWM

Nexus 7 3G 32GB (Tilapia)
Rom : stock 4.4.2
Kernel : stock
Recovery : TWRP

Lv99Kelolon
Old
(Last edited by Lv99Kelolon; 2nd January 2014 at 09:30 AM.) Reason: New problem. (2) New Problem Solved.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwjosi View Post
just flash the stockrom to return to the normal boot animatian
I don't have a stock rom. Samsung Galaxy Rush is kind of obscure. I don't think there's anything about them on this site.

I'm kind of a noob. Could you explain how I could manage this?

Well. Actually. I do have a stock rom I could flash. But I'm not sure I trust the source exactly. It's not from xda.

I suppose I could make a back-up.
-------------------------------------------------------

Okay. I flashed the only stock rom I could find and it wont load past the samsung screen.

------------------------------------------------------

Problem solved, but I flashed a custom ROM. Boot animation still gone.