5,604,367 Members 48,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Droid DNA's power button is stuck!

Tip us?

super3go
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] My Droid DNA's power button is stuck!

Hey all,

I have a Droid DNA that has not been rooted or have anything but stock ROM running on it. Today, I was using Snapchat when suddenly I get the box that pops up when you hold down the power button and then you choose whether to turn it off, restart it, or put it into airplane mode. Then, there's a notification that in 3, 2, 1, your device will be shut off.

After it shuts off, it goes into the infinite bootloop where it doesn't go past the HTC screen and I can't even do anything in the bootloader because it just restarts mid-pressing of the volume buttons.

I think the power button might be stuck, but it feels mechanically fine. I think it's stuck though because without even pressing the power button I could just hold VOLUME DOWN and still get into the bootloader for like 4 seconds.

Is there anything I could do?
Thank you so much in advance.

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by super3go View Post
Hey all,

I have a Droid DNA that has not been rooted or have anything but stock ROM running on it. Today, I was using Snapchat when suddenly I get the box that pops up when you hold down the power button and then you choose whether to turn it off, restart it, or put it into airplane mode. Then, there's a notification that in 3, 2, 1, your device will be shut off.

After it shuts off, it goes into the infinite bootloop where it doesn't go past the HTC screen and I can't even do anything in the bootloader because it just restarts mid-pressing of the volume buttons.

I think the power button might be stuck, but it feels mechanically fine. I think it's stuck though because without even pressing the power button I could just hold VOLUME DOWN and still get into the bootloader for like 4 seconds.

Is there anything I could do?
Thank you so much in advance.
Take it back to verizon if its not rooted or anything, show them whats going on, they will probably tell you to send it in to be fixed.

super3go
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
Take it back to verizon if its not rooted or anything, show them whats going on, they will probably tell you to send it in to be fixed.
I think I'm going to have to. I let it run its course until the battery died and was hoping to resurrect it by charging. However, now its not even charging. There's no orange LED (blinking or constant) to let me know the phone is charging. Damn.