Wink [APP][2.2+] NotifyOnNet 1.1184 [2014-JAN-01]

For your consideration: NotifyOnNet 1.1184

I created this app out of necessity, I travel a lot through the mountains and desert and once you leave the pavement it's rare to have a solid Verizon signal for any stretch of time. To compound my problem I also use Google Voice which requires mobile data to send and receive texts. I wanted an app where I could activate it and then just leave my phone in the cradle. Then while I drove it would run in the background and then chime/vibrate when I came in range of a cell tower. I looked into a solution. Most people recommended sending a text to yourself, etc but that just didn't seem to work for me. I also tried Tasker but honestly it looked confusing and I didn't feel like buying it. In the end I just decided to would be cool to try making it myself and here is my attempt at that.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nconnect&hl=en

This sort of app is probably not useful to most people but if you live in a rural area then I invite you to try it out. Please leave feedback and I'm definitely open to suggestions. This is my first Android app and it has been quite a learning process!

Thanks