XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera Won't Work

Tip us?

eqouh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Camera Won't Work

I'm using a Rooted Droid X2, Android Version 2.3.5, Running the Eclipse Rom v2.3.
The problem I'm running into is that my camera will not work.
At times, I cannot open the camera at all, receiving the message that the camera cannot initialize. Other times, I can open the App, but everything is black, as in the camera isn't on. When I try to take a picture, the flash will just turn on and stay on, and the phone will freeze and I have to restart. I can access settings sometimes, but often the application will freeze and close, saying that the process com.motorola.camera has stopped working. I've done battery pulls, power cycling, and cleared the cache partition. I've spent days searching for other similar threads, related posts, and just plain old googling. My Droid X2 is one of those funky ones that doesn't like safemode, so I can't try that, but I've deleted virtually all of my apps. I downloaded the App called "z-device test," and it says that it can see my camera, and flash, so I'm lead to believe that I have a software problem.
What should I do?
I'm a bit of a noob, so laymen terms would be appreciated. Any and all help is also appreciated in advance! (If anyone is still behind the curve as far as I am, and even notices this post)

Uzephi
Old
Thanks Meter 226

DONATE TO ME
Follow Shadow's SBF guide. If everything else fails and you suspect software, SBF back to complete stock. If you still have issue, then it is hardware failure.

Sent from my DNA using my mind.

LaserChicken
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Have you tried a different camera app?

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 938
Did you verify md5 check sum for rom, before installing?

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can
Always in motion is the future