5,604,443 Members 48,441 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Right audio not working on the headphone jack!

Tip us?

HotWhipT/A
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow [Q] Right audio not working on the headphone jack!

Everything else on this phone works fine, but the audio from the headphone jack only plays sound on the left. The right will work for a split second if you are playing music on the external speakers and plug in the headphones. I cleaned the hole, but that didn't do anything. When plugged in, no matter how I wiggle and turn the plug, the right audio does not work. I'm assuming the jack is bad, because it sure as hell is NOT my actual headphones. It doesn't look like anybody else has had this issue with this phone. They don't even sell new parts for this.

I bought the phone from AT&T in june. Do any of you know if it'll be covered under the 1 year manufacture warranty? I don't have insurance on this phone otherwise.

HotWhipT/A
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well guess what guys, I was chatting with an AT&T rep on the web and long story short, he had me pull out the battery with the phone still on and put it back in. After I restarted it, the headphone audio works perfectly now. I don't know how or why it went out to begin with or how it magically works again but I'm a happy camper again.